cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHATS YOUR OPINION ON EBAY NEW MANAGED PAYMENT?

Really appreciate your honest feedback on this! Thank you. Have a wonderful day.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: WHATS YOUR OPINION ON EBAY NEW MANAGED PAYMENT?

Seems good to me.  No issues.

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

'New'?  Been in it for 3 years.  Totally fine with me.  I actually very much PREFER it.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

its very good for me.MP does not charge a cancel fee like paypal does

the cost is basically the same.the best part is no bills from ebay anymore once a month

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 4 of 24
latest reply

@yasara_00 wrote:

Really appreciate your honest feedback on this! Thank you. Have a wonderful day.

I signed up 6 selling accounts 6 months ago, and I have never had an issue.

I ship when the buyer pays, and the correct share of every single buyer payment has been deposited in my bank account when promised.

eBay has never taken anything from my bank account that they were not entitled to. 

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

I was skeptical about it, but it's working fine for me, no problems. I recommend setting up a separate checking account for MP to make bookkeeping easier and for peace of mind.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

I have no issues.    My money is in my account the next day.    

I like it because I am also getting younger buyers and more cross over buyers that use to only purchase on another site.    They love the fact that they can use either google or apple pay with their phones.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Overall I have no issues with Manage payments as I recognise and accept that PayPal is a bank and manage payments is payment processing.

On Manage payments it takes longer for payments to be processed and sellers do not have the ability to withdraw their money as and when they require. Hopefully in the near future Manage Payments will add this feature.

PayPal as a bank allows the account holder to make and receive payments across all platforms and businesses that accept PayPal.

At present Manage payment does not have this facility which can cause difficulties for those who used their PayPal account to make payments for their purchases and either do not have a Debit/ credit card or do not wish to use these for making payments.

Sellers are benefiting as on returns/ refunds Manage payments return their fees ( Except the fixed $0.30) and PayPal stopped returning any part of their payment processing fees some years ago.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

We won't be able to withdraw our money as and when they require??? But aren't the payments deposited in our bank account?

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

I signed up for it in 30 minutes or so, when invited to about a year ago, and have absolutely no problems. Things have gone perfectly smoothly.

Being a seller here for more than 2 decades, I roll with the changes because I still make a lot of sales that keep me happy. When changes come down, I do not practice getting my knickers in a twist and start throwing a tantrum to punish Ebay and try to infect as many other sellers as possible with ranting.

Accept > Adjust > Adapt...  That's what the vast majority of successful sellers here have done, our business included.

Thanks for the opportunity to post this.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Paypal is not a bank.    They are a payment processor.     

If you are not getting your money in your account the next day,  it is your bank.

You can withdraw your money from your bank anytime you want.   Ebay has nothing to do with it once the money is in your account.     With Paypal,  you could use a Paypal debit card and get to your money immediately. 

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

I like it.  No more bills.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Still waiting on my first payout. I am on day 8 and counting.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

@48hrs-clothing wrote:

PayPal as a bank allows the account holder to make and receive payments across all platforms and businesses that accept PayPal.

At present Manage payment does not have this facility which can cause difficulties for those who used their PayPal account to make payments for their purchases and either do not have a Debit/ credit card or do not wish to use these for making payments.

A seller cannot set up his Managed Payments checking account as his funding source for PayPal, and continue to use PayPal for purchases?

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

Works as stated. Less work, no more holding $ for invoice etc. 

Message 15 of 24
latest reply