cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT **bleep** because of performace YOU CHARGE more

shesells_0-1646327605835.png

It is like hitting another fighter that is down..    Pulling all my listings off

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: WHAT **bleep** because of performace YOU CHARGE more

They used to just boot low performance sellers. They changed that awhile back and allow low performance sellers to continue but, as you know, just pay a little more.

Message 31 of 50
latest reply

While I do not disagree, that the platform needs some serous improvement, we all know the rules. There are things here that EVERY seller would like to see fixed or changed. 

But at this point, we know what the rules are. We know there are issues. Refusing to operate under the rules/environment, isn't anyone's fault but our own IF we think we can do whatever we want. I mean, the choice is clear. Either you operate under the rules/conditions we have, or you leave. It's just that simple. I don't think anyone is arguing that no change is needed or necessary. There are a LOT of things that need work. But that is ultimately up to eBay management, not any of us. The only thing WE can do is either sell here or leave. Breaking the rules, just is going to come with penalties. 

Message 32 of 50
latest reply

You are putting forth a false choice situation.

Who says that they have to charge anyone in the first place?

If you are selling more and doing well they technically are charging you more, you are selling more, so you arebeing charged more and ebay is making more off you.

So your example fails that way too.

Message 33 of 50
latest reply

@she-sells wrote:

Gonna keep on cancelling them.   Don't give a hoot.  

@she-sells

And that is the exact reason why you’re in trouble.

Message 34 of 50
latest reply

I've had very issues with the USPS. I ship hundreds of packages every month and still a Top Rated Plus. I don't stand in line at the post office I just drop my packages in the blue mail boxes closes to my house. I will go to the post office and drop off a package if it is too big to fit in a blue mail box. The USPS is not the reason a seller is below standard. There is usually another cause.

I have been very pleased with the USPS lately.

Message 35 of 50
latest reply

Well, your post office is great for you.

The point is not every post office scans sellers packages if they just drop them off.  Its not just this person pointing it out, it happens in a bunch of places.  Its why some people cannot do this with their local mail route carrier, because some might scan them, and some might not.  The only way to be sure is to see them scan your packages or everything on a scansheet and get a receipt.

Message 36 of 50
latest reply

The banks charge eBay to convert the currency from Rubles to US dollars for example. So you would rather cancel a $40.00 over 68 cents? My foreign customers spend more money and usually buy multiple times from me. 

I have never had an issue with a foreign buyer. As far as I'm concern send them way if you don't want to deal with them.

Message 37 of 50
latest reply

The 'never had issues' crowd is making some interesting claims of late.

Message 38 of 50
latest reply

Didn't even get to the fee increase either....

Why are they saying you are below performance? Some things on here just need time to fix themselves like my one negative that never wants to go away lol

Message 39 of 50
latest reply

Posting ID - you have no idea how much they sell or for how long or how many IDs

And cancelling sales will do it. 

I will never understand why some people sell on a world wide platform, only to work very hard (and to their own detriment) to NOT sell.

Message 40 of 50
latest reply

Is this the hill you want to die on?

Because thus far you’ve won the battle only to lose the war.

Which fee costs you more - the international payment fee or the punishment penalty?

Message 41 of 50
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

They used to just boot low performance sellers. They changed that awhile back and allow low performance sellers to continue but, as you know, just pay a little more.

This actually cracked me up!

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 42 of 50
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@glgenterprise wrote:

eBay lays out all of their fees in various locations, including the fee that is imposed if the buyer's registered, but not ship to address is in another country. We've asked for eBay to offer the same option that we had with PP where we could block foreign payment sources, but as of now they declined to offer that option.

They aren't going to do that because there are many foreign expats/international students who may be living in the US for an extended period of time. I had one sale to a buyer who was registered in South Korea, for example, but the address I shipped the item to was a college dorm right here in the US-- clearly an international student. There's no reason people like that should be blocked from buying on eBay when they are in fact living in the US for the time being.

And right now all they'd have to do would be to change the registered address on their eBay account for sellers to not get charged the in your scenario legit US based buyer. There isn't an easy way to get that pushed through, unlike allowing for a blocked foreign payment source rather than blocking foreign delivered sales, which is easy enough to do under your shipping options. That way, the international student, who likely has a US bank account for incidentals could make purchases without issue.

As sellers, all we would like is an ability to predict our fees without all the buried extra fees that some of these sales hit us with. The Foreign Registered address is a cr*p way of collecting foreign transaction fees from sellers who specifically DO NOT want to sell international.

Message 43 of 50
latest reply

Because when I started selling it was a USA platform.  The OPT OUT of OVERSEAS should cover freight forwarding.

Message 44 of 50
latest reply

Good for you

Message 45 of 50
latest reply