cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing old labels - Tip from a newbie (me) ... maybe

A buyer did not receive their item. I sent it USPS Priority using an eBay shipping label. USPS tracking said it was delivered front desk/reception/mail room. They live in a residential neighborhood, and there is no place like that in their neighborhood. They wanted me to verify the address that I sent it to. I wanted to see the label myself, to be sure they hadn’t changed their address in eBay. I messaged back sure it’ll only take a minute. They were anxiously awaiting my response, to say the least (they messaged me like 12 times in 30 minutes).

I went to My Shipping Labels, but since the label had been printed more than 24/48 hours ago, I couldn’t reprint it there, only pay for a new label (which uses their current eBay address).  

I was stumped for several minutes, but then I checked my email, found the email “Your eBay label is ready” for that item. Using the button “Reprint label” in the email let me view/print the original label (the pdf that I paid for).

It was indeed shipped with their address on the label, but the delivery person entered the wrong status. Fortunately, they went to the post office and were able to pick it up there.

I bet most of you already knew this, but I thought I'd share...

it probably doesn't happen very often, but it’s good to know how to view the label after the fact. If you know of another way to view the label (days later) without digging thru emails, please let me know.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I keep the half that is the receipt for every package. 

You can also view the 'all shipped' items to see the tracking number

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@stevehull wrote:

If you know of another way to view the label (days later) without digging thru emails, please let me know.

I download all shipping labels to my computer as PDFs.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I keep the half that is the receipt for every package. 

You can also view the 'all shipped' items to see the tracking number

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks. That does work. I've started saving them now, but it's still a little awkward. Both ways are extra work. I'd really like to know if there's an easier way to do it in eBay

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you!!!  Keep the tips coming!  Any individual reading may already know, but others may not.  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@gurlcat wrote:

Thank you!!!  Keep the tips coming!  Any individual reading may already know, but others may not.  

You can always just bring up the Print Shipping Label form again via the Actions menu on your Sold items page. That will show the Ship-To: address that was received with the payment. You can view the whole form with all its original data without having to actually click the button that will purchase another label.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yes it does; I just did it. 

Go to 'My Ebay'

Hover over ORDERS at the top, drop down and you hit 'ALL'. 

All orders for the past 90 days are right there, with tracking numbers. Took all of 22 seconds for me to leave here, and do the above. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks. I like the save PDF option, but this is really what I was looking for.

I went to Orders -> Paid and shipped 

Selected the item, in shipping options I selected "Print packing slip and more.."

Fastest, most convenient option for me. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply