cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeRoed by NFL Properties LLC

My husband and I have been selling sports stuff on eBay for over 20 years - a lot of it vintage - NFL, NHL, NCAA, NASCAR, etc teams.  Today for the first time I had two items (strangely both NY Jets shirts) VeRoed by NFL Properties LLC as counterfeit - one of which was from Reebok - the other from Tim Tebow's days with the Jets with a NFL Team Apparel label.  Now I know there are a lot of so-called "counterfeit" items in the sports world, and I try to never mark anything as "officially licensed" in item specifics even if I am pretty sure it is.  So why, all of a sudden are these items being VeRoed??   Should I expect all my other NFL team items to suffer a similar fate in the near future??

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: VeRoed by NFL Properties LLC

You will never get those listings back. If you want to sell those again here, you need to retake the photos and rewrite the ad.   Just make sure that it is OK to list them.  You do NOt want ebay to end them again and suspend you.  Frankly, I would try to sell those 2 shirts elsewhere just incase ebay does close them again. Remember, it's bots searching and closing the ads and maybe the bots did not get the message that yours are Ok to sell.  Goodluck.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

The vero program is practically criminal.  When you get a violation 99% of the time it is from a 3rd party company that gets paid by the source company to report people.  in this case it is the NFL, who realistically could not care less what happens.  The third party companies enters a contract to report on their behalf and gets paid accordingly.  (they are basically "ambulance chasers") and repport without actual proof because the more they report the more they get paid.

If you contest it they are required to send you proof in writing which they will ever do and you also can challenge it and the NFL will have to go to appear in court which they will never show up for.... imagine a lawyer for the NFL going to court against a small ebay seller selling a used t-shirt  lol.   

Unfortunately even though it is your legal right to oppose these vero's as i mentioned- the ebay vero dept will stonewall you and not provide the name and address of the company that filed the vero ( even though they are legally required to do so. 

We went through this several times a few years ago with selling Genuine Case equipment parts- (new in the packaging with Case OEM Genuine logos printed right on the packaging!) / these were purchased directly from a Case dealership that was selling off their old stock.     After weeks of calling ebay - they finally gave us the vero reporter and it was something like "Bobs vero reporting llc" !!!!!  / ebay refused to let us challenge the vero.   Once officially challenged- the reporter has 10 business days to respond and if they do not, you automatically win the challenge.    

It is basically a racket.    Ebay charges companies tons of money to be on the vero protected rights system so now you can understand that t has nothing to do with protecting licensing rights, its about a revenue stream for ebay.

And that is why its not worth fighting- you can win against ebay- the game is rigged

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

@ms.rodriguez* wrote:

you need to retake the photos

I keep seeing this comment but I don't understand it, do seller really not keep copies of the photos they use on listings? If not forever at least for a few weeks or months?

Personally I have a folder on my computer that includes every eBay image I have used for the past 22 years (yes, well over 100,000 photos).

Message 18 of 18
latest reply