cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variation Listings: sold items not removed from dropdown

On my selling account, I offer select items through variation listings.   Each item within each variation listing is a quantity of ONE.

While I have been using variaion listings for the past 3 months, only in the past month has this become a problem.   Not on a regular basis, but what appears to be randomly, an item will sell from one of my variation listings, but will remain available on the dropdown (remember, all unit quanities are ONE) and subsequenly purchased by another user.   I contacted another seller in my category who uses the same 3rd party listing program as well as has had no issues such as this and our settings appear the same.

Any ideas on why an item with an available quantity of ONE from a variation listing would sell and not be removed from the dropdown?   Any ideas on how to fix?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Variation Listings: sold items not removed from dropdown

The variation listing will remain. I am betting that if you opened the listing and there is even one of any variation remaining it will show a quantoty of one. BUT if you click the dropdown, the item you are out of will show "out of stock"

At least that is how it has always worked for me.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Are you using good til cancel or are you relisting the listings every 30 days by using sell similar for higher placement? If you use sell similar - the listings automatically adjust back to the full quantity and you have to adjust the quantity yourself.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I did have the problem you mention....when relisting after 30 days the new listing reverted back to the quantities contained in the orginal listing, meaning that all of the items orginally listed were all now again available, even if sold in the last 30 day listing cycle.   By using my 3rd party listing software, I am able to easily fix/delete sold items before relisting.  

What I am speaking of occurs within a 30 day listing cycle where there are no adjustments of any type made to the listing.    Simply, when an items sells (again, all items have a quantity of one) it still appears in the dropdown and shows as available for purchase.   The recently sold item does not show up on the drop down as "out of stock".   I can also click on the link within my listing showing the items sold ( "xx sold"), and the item appears twice.   Again, all this occurs within the same 30 day listing cycle.   

The only consistentcy to this problem, is that in every case after an item has sold twice, it finally shows up as 'out of stock" in the drop down list.  

My variaton listings have between 100-240 variations per listing....I am experimenting with using less variations per listing to see if this maybe help to correct the issue.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I had the same problem once.

I listed an item with a quantity of 6. Sold all 6, hit "sell similar" (I wanted to make a tweak in the listing) and it showed a quantity 6. BUT the next time I hit "sell similar" it showed a quantity of 12 - apparently adding both previous listings together.

SO the question is - when you put it up as a sell similar does the STARTING quantity show 1 or 2?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The quantity available for each item when the listing was created/listed was one.   The quantity availlable is still one for those items that have not sold.   Using the 3rd party listing service I created the listing from scatch and not using the "sell similar" option.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply