cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variation Listings Renewed with Original Quantities - Showing 13,000 items available that were actua

Probably going to have to close my store for good. Have about 8,000 items, most of which were available in variation listings. The listings have apparently all renewed with original quantities showing customers that I now have 21,000 items up for sale. But those 13,000 additional items were all previously sold. This is the second time this has happened. A couple years ago it did this and I was running the store full time. I spent the time to fix it. Now, I'm working a full-time job and will have to just end all of the listings. Huge waste of time and money. 

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Variation Listings Renewed with Original Quantities - Showing 13,000 items available that were actua

This is utterly devastating and has happened to me as well. I am hoping for a solution or eBay to address this ASAP. It is insane, I can't believe that something like this is even able to happen. Please update if you hear anything or have any success with a solution.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

This is like the one thing on an auction site that should always be correct. Quantity available. After 20+ years, and they can't get that right? I think it's time to move on. This is ridiculous. It's going to take me days to fix my inventory of thousands of items. But I'm honestly asking myself, should I even bother? There are other platforms that arguably perform better and are easier to use... and don't have issue after issue like ebay does.

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

janet9988_0-1685228070383.png

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/multiquantity-listings-listing...

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 28
latest reply

@yep_roc wrote:

Probably going to have to close my store for good. Have about 8,000 items, most of which were available in variation listings. The listings have apparently all renewed with original quantities showing customers that I now have 21,000 items up for sale. But those 13,000 additional items were all previously sold. This is the second time this has happened. A couple years ago it did this and I was running the store full time. I spent the time to fix it. Now, I'm working a full-time job and will have to just end all of the listings. Huge waste of time and money. 

I hear you, I hate the wasted time this site forces on you - Though, I would think you could simply use a very conservative estimate of what you have left and continue selling until you have some time to properly reconcile your stock. Once you sell down your stock, reconciliation will also be easier - Whatever you decide, Best of luck!

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

We're aware. Are you trying to say that all these sellers did this themselves?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 6 of 28
latest reply

https://www.valueaddedresource.net/ebay-glitch-increases-quantities-relists-sold-items-5-27-23/

Seems to affect items with multiple variations and configured with international shipping.

Same thing happened to me. 

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

Same thing has happened to our store.  EBay has re-listed 100's of out of stock items and changed counts on over 2,000 listings to crazy high numbers.   Looks like Ebay is going to do nothing about it.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Sorry Janet, but you're wrong. My listings were all Good 'Til' Cancelled and I've been running my store for 20 years. Nice try though!

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

elizabeth@ebay 

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 10 of 28
latest reply

2 SINGLE LISTINGS...showed active  also today that I sold international ...I thought I changed everything yesterday. ...I found them when starting a sale .I knew i was out..I guess my memory is not as bad as I thought..

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

This is a terrible glitch.  I feel bad for sellers.

I'm in no way sticking up for ebay or blaming sellers.

I totally blame ebay.  This is 100% on them.

But I just want to add a "but".

Do you think that other selling platforms are immune to glitches?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 12 of 28
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

This is a terrible glitch.  I feel bad for sellers.

I'm in no way sticking up for ebay or blaming sellers.

I totally blame ebay.  This is 100% on them.

But I just want to add a "but".

Do you think that other selling platforms are immune to glitches?

@inhawaii I base my judgement on the number/severity of glitches and most importantly, reaction to them.

In my experience, proactive communication can cover a multitude of sins but that's a lesson eBay consistently refuses to learn. 

eBay support on Twitter has responded to a few individual tweets about this acknowledging it is a "known issue" and of course some posters here have had confirmation of that when contacting support directly as well (with the typical reports of conflicting information being given depending on which rep you happen to get on the phone) so it's not like eBay isn't fully aware of it at this point.

Even taking into account it's a holiday weekend, the absolute bare minimum response *should* have been to post a pinned thread in the technical boards here and/or a message on the eBay System Status page acknowledging they were aware of the issue and working to resolve it.

The fact they couldn't be bothered to do even that shows an utter disregard for their seller customers and for their frontline customer service reps. There is zero justification or excuse for that as far as I'm concerned.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

Again, terrible glitch.

I hope it doesn't cause you too much headache and hard work.

And I hope they get it worked out sooner than later.

Good luck to you.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 14 of 28
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

elizabeth@ebay 

Good morning @downunder-61. We're currently aware of a site wide Alert (14709) that is impacting sellers and are working to get this resolved quickly. Please reach out to customer service to be added to their ticket, as an SR Number is required that we cannot provide. This issue has been added to the tech board as well. 

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 15 of 28
latest reply