cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vacation hold without a store

What is the most efficient manner to end and re-list 25+ items for a short, 7 day vacation?  I'm thinking I'll have to end them and then re-list.  I was wondering if I re-list, do the pictures carry over or do I need to re-hunt for them in my huge library.  The pictures are my greatest concern.  Thanks!!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Vacation hold without a store

If you end listings you will have 90 days to relist before they are deleted from the servers all images and text will be available for that 90 days. So if you end your listings and come back in a week images and text will all be there.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Can you not do Time Away without a store subscription?  That allows you a much easier approach.  It should be under your account settings.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Here is the link to time away (vacation feature)

You do not need a store to do this.

Time Away (ebay.com)

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I just checked my 'non-store' account...

Time Away is there on the Seller Hub (Selling Tools Box)

Time Away (ebay.com)

The advantage is your items will remain visible, but there will be a notice indicating you will be away on the listing

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for confirming!  And yes, @js2488in I would recommend that, you can either let people make purchases still (it will extend your handling time) or just leave the items visible but disallow purchases until you're back.  You can set it to end automatically after you know you'll be back, but then go in and end it manually earlier than that if needed, it's very flexible.  We use it for holidays often.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

As others have noted, "Time Away" is available for all sellers and would be the way to put fixed price listings on hold for whatever period you choose (up to 30 days).  Time Away doesn't apply to auction-format listings, but you don't have any auctions so that's not an issue.  

To answer your related question:  When you relist an item, the whole listing is there, including the images.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Just close them.

They will sit in your Unsold List for up to 90 days and can be relisted at any time during that period.

If no one can buy them, there is no reason to show them.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

No need to close, you don't need a store for Time Away BUT be aware that there are exceptions!  I don't know the current list, but a year ago there was still an exception if you had sent an offer during that time.  Then your time away handling time didn't apply.   I didn't know that & continued to send offers on my trip.  IIRC, there was something with either EIS or GSP tx's being an exception too, plus there was 1 more.   

So, if you decide to use it, be sure you don't regularly have any of the exception situations. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 9 of 9
latest reply