cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Feedback Enhancements now Visible

Over the past few months, we’ve been working to improve the feedback experience for buyers on eBay. We are making these changes in order to give potential buyers better insight into your products.

Starting last month, eBay sellers have been able to preview images on their sold multi-quantity items feedback. With the success of the program thus far, we are starting to make those images available to buyers as well. We will continue to test images on feedback into 2024.

Richer text and images in feedback can add credibility and drive sales by instilling additional confidence for interested buyers as they shop. To date, we've already collected almost a million images and the vast majority are associated with positive feedback and showcase the great products and positive experiences buyers have with our eBay sellers. Existing policies related to feedback and feedback removal will also apply to images.

These updates will help to add trust to reviews, increase buyer confidence and  drive conversion for your listings. 

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

The eBay Team

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Other posters had said they not only saw neg FB showing up but neg FB that had been removed, which I thought if true was extremely unfair to sellers.

I haven't noticed any myself, but then as said previously, I rarely use the app if that's where it's showing up.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 16 of 94
latest reply

Thanks @toomuchstuffagain35 . Based on this other thread, it sounds like @timelessvintagecollectibles is just talking about old feedback being resurfaced, not feedback that was actually removed being reinstated.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Mobile-Apps/Feedback/m-p/34173737#M46906 

If that's the case, while I understand it may be frustrating, it's not like that feedback wasn't already visible to buyers...they just previously had to dig a little more to see it.

Message 17 of 94
latest reply

Which is still unfair throwing it up front and centre, much like Etsy did to their sellers at one point.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 18 of 94
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

Thanks @toomuchstuffagain35 . Based on this other thread, it sounds like @timelessvintagecollectibles is just talking about old feedback being resurfaced, not feedback that was actually removed being reinstated.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Mobile-Apps/Feedback/m-p/34173737#M46906 

If that's the case, while I understand it may be frustrating, it's not like that feedback wasn't already visible to buyers...they just previously had to dig a little more to see it.

That link points to a single comment rather an actual thread of discussion, but other comments here have been more direct in saying that feedback that had been removed is somehow now reappearing.

I think the key here would be, as previously noted, to show actual removed feedback comments coming back, and not just old ones that were there all the time. While the new sort order can certainly pull old comments back into view, the point to prove is that they were gone in the recent past.

I suppose I understand the idea that the system can somehow locate past feedback that's relevant to the item(s) on sale now, but it's a stretch to think that specific feedback from old sales would be more relevant than all feedback from current ones. Buyers want to know about the seller's current situation, not whatever mishaps (or even glowing reviews) might have occurred three to five years ago.

The statement that a buyer can not lock in the Most Recent feedback setting rather than the "Most Relevant," and will have to manually reset it every time, is simply adding insult to injury.

Message 19 of 94
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

Which is still unfair throwing it up front and centre, much like Etsy did to their sellers at one point.

@toomuchstuffagain35 right, I'm not saying I love it or that there aren't valid concerns/complaints about the new sort order....just saying that resurfacing old feedback the seller would prefer not to have attention brought to is a completely different animal than reinstating feedback that had actually been removed.

It's important to get the terminology right if for no other reason than to avoid confusion when giving feedback about the new feedback experience to eBay.

If sellers say they are upset that previously removed feedback is being reinstated "in violation of eBay's feedback policy" when that's not actually what's happening, that allows eBay to easily dismiss it by saying that was valid feedback, it had not previously been removed, does not violate the feedback policy and so it's fair game because it is correctly included as part of the seller's lifetime feedback history.

If previously removed feedback is actually being reinstated, as previously stated, eBay is likely going to need specific examples.

If the real issue is that sellers are upset that eBay is surfacing non-policy violating (according to eBay), never removed, years old feedback that they feel is not actually relevant or does not provide a fair view of their current selling practices, that complaint is what they need to clearly communicate to eBay.

Confusing or conflating the two is not going to help anyone, I'm afraid.

Message 20 of 94
latest reply

What a bunch of corporate gobbledy **bleep**-

'add credibility and drive sales by instilling additional confidence' blah blah blah.

This won't help the millions of buyers that were scammed on the site.

Perhaps try to 'instill confidence' in those users that have been ripped off.

Loose Cannon
Message 21 of 94
latest reply

"Feedback Enhancements" eh? Now that's funny.

A month ago I was able to:

1 - look at my orders and see immediately if a buyer had left feedback...

2 - click on 'leave feedback'...

3 - post feedback to buyer.

Now I need to:

1 - go to 'Feedback Received' and see who has left feedback...

2 - Remember buyers name...

3 -  Go to my orders...

4 - Scroll down to the order...

4 - Click box on buyers item...

5 - Scroll back up...

6 - Find 'Leave Feedback' tab...

7 - Click tab...

8 - Leave feedback. 

Question: How is this an improvement?

Message 22 of 94
latest reply

I have a GREAT IDEA;

Return Format to Leave Buyers Negative Feedback like BACK IN THE DAY

Loose Cannon
Message 23 of 94
latest reply

So apparently you could always dig up feedback that was over a year old on desktop but it was not visible in the mobile app. Now it's really easy to see in the mobile app. What makes this the most unfair is that in the mobile app you cannot see the replies that sellers have made to the negative feedback.

Message 24 of 94
latest reply

@itsjustasprain wrote:

@timelessvintagecollectibles wrote:

I do not know if you are aware, but your Feedback updates have also made previously removed Feedback that was over a year old reappear in violation of eBay’s Feedback Policy.   If you have been a eBay seller for over a year, and have any negative or neutral feedback from previous years that had been removed, it now appears in your current feedback status, and can deter potential clients from purchasing.  This is also extremely problematic since it is the Christmas season, and sales are at a premium.

@seller_news_team : Any comment on the above?

@seller_news_team : It has now been an ENTIRE additional week without any response from you. Please read this entire thread (that you started) and then give us some responses to the many questions that have been asked of you. Thanks!

Message 25 of 94
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

Also, it looks like buyers will be able to filter to narrow feedback down to only those that include pictures.

picfeedback4.jpeg

@valueaddedresource 

From a personal perspective having the actual listing info attached to all feedback views would be more helpful than adding photos. 

This: +++

a) Packed well, shipped quickly. A+ seller
Tropical Fish Hobbyist - N. America/UK Issues (3) 1953 Jan/Feb, Mar/Ap, June (#404434865920) with pricing

vs this: - - -

b)Packed well, shipped quickly. A+ seller

I understand all for the sake of how stuff displays with the app but from a buyers perspective and what a seller sees if they happen to be nervous about a particular potential customer and feedback left those additional details are extremely important.  Feedback overall has become a dinosaur when it comes to eBay. To have negs/neutrals magically reappear was something they never considered during any testing stage. Sadly or unfortunately the majority (many not all) of eBay users have blinders on to what is visible with feedback. Especially when much that is left relates to circumstances out of a sellers control, yet those feedbacks haunt us for 365 days.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 26 of 94
latest reply

I cant see this helping sales very much 

Message 27 of 94
latest reply

@psfhobbies wrote:

I cant see this helping sales very much 

Me neither. This might explanation their obvious reluctance to explain this idea any further.

Message 28 of 94
latest reply

Sellers are not getting it. Neg. seller feedback gives eBay the reason to tack on extra percentages to your selling fees that they charge you.  So it benefits them to leave the neg. feedback and to leave it for 365 days. You can be paying them as high as 25% of your selling price. 

Message 29 of 94
latest reply

@zobal99 wrote:

Sellers are not getting it. Neg. seller feedback gives eBay the reason to tack on extra percentages to your selling fees that they charge you.  So it benefits them to leave the neg. feedback and to leave it for 365 days. You can be paying them as high as 25% of your selling price. 

@zobal99 feedback is not part of the calculation for Seller Performance or Service Metrics ratings and negative feedback alone will not result in additional fees.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy/service-metrics-policy...

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling/monitor-improve-seller-performance?id=4785 

Message 30 of 94
latest reply