cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsure Buyer

Buyer with zero feedback bought my item, I messaged the buyer welcoming them to eBay and thanking them for their purchase. Buyer proceeded to ask a lot questions " needs to know if its working perfectly", can they returned it etc. It is a used item I provided its description in my listing. What should I do? Should I cancel the transaction? I've included additional pictures in the messages to the buyer. I'm a amateur seller i just don't want to be scammed.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Unsure Buyer

If you decide to cancel, the only legitimate reason would be "out of stock" which would record a defect to you. You agree by selling on eBay to be bound by a sale the same way the buyer does. 

First time buyers can be scary, I totally get it. How much is the item? To me that helps me decide. If it is a lower value item (say $20 or less) I would just ship it and rely on Karma to take care of me. If it's over that I would suggest answering the buyers questions and expressing your concerns. Let them know you are trying to be honest and that you are not some big company selling items but an individual just like they are. This may or may not make it better, but I find honest and open communication in a professional manner resolves the vast majority of issues I encounter. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Unsure Buyer

The item was $60 I'm still planning on shipping the item, hope it doesn't bite me in the a$$
Message 3 of 3
latest reply