cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized use of buyer account – Transaction(s) cancelled

I  received a email today from ebay on a purchase dated 7-31-19.  The item was paid for 7-31-19.  Shipped 8-1-19. Delivered to the buyer on 8-5-19.

Hello inhawaii,

We’re writing to let you know that we had to cancel the following transaction(s) because the item(s) were purchased without the account owner's permission: <item number> - <item description>

Please do not ship any items that were purchased by <buyers username> and disregard any bids they may have placed on any of your listings. We’re working with the account owner to prevent any additional unauthorized activity.

If you already sent the item(s) and they haven’t been delivered yet, please contact your shipping carrier to find out if you can stop the shipment.

- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

You can find these items in the Sold section of My eBay. For information on relisting these items, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/relist.html

Additional tips:

• Because the account was taken over by an unauthorized party, please do not contact the member directly.
  • If someone emails you about a refund or payment, please do not send any money without contacting eBay first.
  • Verify any payments by logging into your payment account or other online payment service.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience and we thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Thanks,

eBay

What does this mean?  I got paid for this 2 weeks ago. The merchandise was already delivered.  Do i need to take any action?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No, not unless someone contacts you for a refund or they deduct the payment from your funds.

Usually these are people whose cc has been hacked, they notify the cc co who freezes the account and advises merchants.  At least some of the charges may be legit....and recognized by the cc holder, but until they figure out which, the alarm goes out.  As long as you mailed to the address in Paypal, you should be covered.

I've had a number of these and nothing has ever come of them. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

No, not unless someone contacts you for a refund or they deduct the payment from your funds.

Usually these are people whose cc has been hacked, they notify the cc co who freezes the account and advises merchants.  At least some of the charges may be legit....and recognized by the cc holder, but until they figure out which, the alarm goes out.  As long as you mailed to the address in Paypal, you should be covered.

I've had a number of these and nothing has ever come of them. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yup!  Do nothing.  There was a similar post earlier today and that poor seller freaked out...well read it for yourself..Screenshot_2019-08-15 Unauthorized Transaction.png

I feel for this seller...

Message 4 of 4
latest reply