cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use "Request to remove feedback"

A buyer recently left me a negative feedback claiming that it has taken a lot of time for his order to arrive. There were (and still is) time as displayed by ebay estimated delivery period, but the buyer was unhappy. The order was shipped to Mexico which usually means a lot of time to get delivered...4 or 5 weeks is nothing unusual. I've sent the buyer a message but got no response. 

I've contacted ebay via X (twitter) and I was advised to use "Request to remove feedback" option and encountered an issue there. After some chatting back and forth we've found out that there is a loop connected to my profile (so I was told by ebay staff) which prevents me to use this option. I was told that the report regarding this error was submitted to ebays Tech team but couple of days later there are still no changes.

I'm now left with undeserved negative feedback by a buyer who lacks communication skills and maybe basic English skills and ebay seems not to be able to help...this really sucks as I've had a 100% feedback for years and always taken good care of my customers, shipping items at my expense and refunding without asking much questions. 

Any advise is welcome.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@topspeed.ze 

Looks like you are doing a great job considering world wide shipments. Nice work.

Others may be along to assist with an alternate link for feedback removal requests for international sellers.

The feedback is already on the 2nd page and your response was OK aside from accusing the buyer as being unfair. 

Always be professional with responses and make yourself look great without hammering on the buyer.

I would not hesitate to buy from your account.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

The feedback removal is now handled by AI. I had a order where the post office lost the package and couldn't get feedback removed. also for an order that showed delivered but the customer claimed to not have received it and it wouldn't take the feedback off.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Isn't there a limit on feedback revisions?  I thought it was 5 in a year?  I see 6 revisions on your feedback page, but that may be over more than a 1 year period...........

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I think that the 5 revisions refers to sending buyers a feedback revision request.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Shipping from right here in the USA, there is no way I would ship to Mexico if EIS did not exist.

The thought of shipping from Bosnia to Mexico would keep me up at night.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

The feedback removal is now handled by AI. 

@nickelsanddimes2015 

I don't know the extent of that, but I was reading an interesting question/response on the eBay for Business page regarding feedback today.   For those interested, I will post it here, even though it does not specifically address the OP's problem of transit time, but speaks to the new "NON-Responsive" format that many people are seeing.  

The first section is a question by a seller/user of eBay: 

Why is a buyer able to leave negative feedback when they cancel an order with a seller? Recently a buyer cancelled an order with us for 2 items, we happily obliged, and issued a full refund for both items. The buyer then left negative feedback on BOTH items, tarnishing our 100% positive feedback, even though we did everything correctly as the seller. After reaching out to ebay customer support they refused to take down either of the two negative feedbacks left by the same buyer simultaneously after a full refund was issued AS PER THE BUYERS REQUEST. It's sad to see how little ebay cares about their sellers. *side note: we are an account that has been active on the platform since 2012 and sells over 100k annually*

eBay's response: (the underline is mine)

eBay for Business
We’ve recently standardized the process to have all feedback appeals submitted through the Seller Help Dashboard to better align with our global process and maintain consistency for all users. This would be why any support member you talk to though phones, chat, email, or social media would be unable to assist with the removal. We understand that changes can sometimes be challenging, but we believe this adjustment will ultimately create a more streamlined experience. Thank you for your understanding. ~Jenn

The above response, it seems to me, is typical eBay speak that correlates with sprinkling on your foot while trying to convince you it is simply raining?????  So no support member from any source is  allowed to intervene for you because the process is now STANDARDIZED TO ALIGN WITH THEIR GLOBAL PROCESS.. which is to ignore and deny equally for everyone, making it STREAMLINED as if that is good?  No more scrubbing for those 'special sellers', or are they exempt from the standardized global process? 

Yeah, I suppose it is AI, and if the bot scans and doesn't find a bunch of f words, the comment will remain, even if it was supposed to be for another seller who actually sold that red sweater when they bought a hammer from you.  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

EXACTLY!!!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

If the item shipped EIS, contact ebay on Facebook (ebay for business) and let them know it was EIS and Neg Fb mentioned 'shipping time' in the verbiage- they WILL remove it. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply