Any suggestions please. 

thank you!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Unable to log out

@mkaczorsee 

I guessing you have an android phone? 

Go to settings, scan down to your Apps, scan down to your Ebay app click on. Then down on bottom it will show force stop, click on and while your at it clear your cache also on bottom.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If you are using a mobile browser in the default mobile mode, there should be a sign out link near the bottom of the page.

If you are in desktop mode, use the link in the upper left where your first name is located, just as you would on a desktop device.

If you are in classic mode, you should see a link to switch to mobile mode at the bottom of the page, or you can sign out at the top left using the link where your first name is located.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Actually on iPhone. 

when I hit sign out, the page just refreshes. 

Have tried classic and mobile. 

Have tried safari and chrome. 

Have spoke to CS twice today. 

Was suggested I update my software and or buy new phone. 

Software has no new updates and the phone is iPhone 12. 

Was also suggested I reset phone to factory settings. Went to t mobile and they did this for me. Did not fix issue and only lost a ton of stuff for me. 

I need to be able to sign out so I can check my other IDs. 

Any and all suggestions welcome!

Thank you 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Clearing your eBay cookies in your browser should sign you out of eBay.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Resetting the phone to factory settings did not sign me out. 

I am still signed in. 

Extremely frustrated. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

To check your other eBay accounts, use a new browser, or a private or incognito browser window. You can stay signed in to multiple account if you use one browser for each account. Go to eBay's sign in page and enter the username and password of the account you want to use in that browser.

If you have the eBay app on your phone, it may be set to open eBay links in the eBay app automatically. This can be a problem if your app is signed in to a different account than the one you are trying to use. You may have to explicitly sign out of your eBay account in the eBay app if you want to use the app.

Or, to prevent eBay browser links from opening in the app automatically on an iOS device, tap and hold an eBay link in a browser and you should see options, one of which should be "do not use the eBay app to open this link" or something similar to that. Your choice should be remembered the next time you use an eBay link in that browser, and that should allow you to use eBay in a browser without automatically opening the eBay app.

A factory reset should erase all your personal data on the device. But if you have your Apple account backed up, restoring from backup may simply restore all the data you just erased, including cookies. You may have to turn off your backup/restore program to prevent that from happening.

One further possibility if you want to sign out of eBay on every device. Try this:

Go to your eBay account settings using a desktop browser (or a mobile browser in desktop mode). Under sign-in preferences here:

https://accounts.ebay.com/acctsec/security-center/signin-preferences

Unlink any social media accounts: Google, Facebook or Apple from your eBay account.

Uncheck the "Keep me signed in" box at the bottom and apply changes.

Finally, change your eBay password.

That should force you to sign in again in every device to use that eBay account.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply