cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add video to listing

I’ve had the option for quite a while, so I decided to take the effort to make the video…. And now it won’t upload. It’s under the 150mb limit, but spins forever and ultimately says, “video upload failed”.

So is the functionality not available, and I just completely wasted my time?!

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

And zero replies… great

Message 2 of 48
latest reply

Hey, did you ever get a resolution to this?  I can see nobody suggested anything here but I've just come across the same issue.  Uploaded from iphone to PC, even tried again after changing the video format from apple HEVC to MP4 but still the same, spinning circle 😞

Message 3 of 48
latest reply

Read this eBay link - may be of help

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/images-videos-text-policy?id=4240&st=12&pos=1&qu...

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 4 of 48
latest reply

I can't seem to upload them either and too, want to know if its me or eBay?

Message 5 of 48
latest reply

I've been able to add video to most of my listings, but it does take a really long time - a 9 second video took about 45 minutes to load, and a 30 second video took over 2 hours.

You have to just add the video and wait. I had to change the battery/display settings on my computer to get it to work - if a screensaver comes on or if your computer goes to sleep, you'll get the 'upload failed' error.

Once it does load, you'll get a 'Under review' message, which can take up to 24 hours. However, I finally realized the listing doesn't have to be active for the review to take place, so I just add video to a draft first thing and it's usually done by the time I list it.

Message 6 of 48
latest reply

Another ill conceived program by eBay.  I have 4100 listing and if I attempted the video stunt I believe I'd be dead before all were uploaded.  Most new programs by eBay just don't work.  CS will tell there are glitches and maybe there is a work around.  What that statement means is the code written was rushed to market so another fee generator could be put in place.  Folks we are watching the death of a platform which Sellers are paying dearly for.  SAD

Message 7 of 48
latest reply

Lol this comment belongs on ecommerce bytes - literally what everyone has been saying since early 2000 - yet here we are. If you 4000 listings - I sure as heck hope you have other channels to sell your items for when that massive boat sinks. Everytime something rolls out - unless it works perfectly - they complain that it's the death knell. Most likely it's your connection - videos for me upload in less than a minute. 

Something witty is supposed to occupy this space...
Message 8 of 48
latest reply

Still an issue (though it had worked ok for me until today).  After a few minutes I get "Video upload failed. Please try again. "

newhearttrading_0-1665751698490.png

Message 9 of 48
latest reply

We've uploaded 3/4 in the last couple of days with no problem.........

Message 10 of 48
latest reply

I am in the UK. I wonder if it is a regional problem?

Message 11 of 48
latest reply

ive been having the same issue since yesterday too.  nothing works and ive tried to upload it, edit trim so many times....nothing works : (

Message 12 of 48
latest reply

I tried uploading videos. It goes for up to 4 sec downloaded and than right to error uploading I tried in 4 or 5 differnant formats nothing worked.

Message 13 of 48
latest reply

It may be because it's a variation listing. Seller support says you can't upload video to variation listings, only single listings

Message 14 of 48
latest reply

Video upload not working. I started 20 minutes ago and still have 1% done.  Progress bar not moving. Never had this problem before.  This is 27 seconds video, upload should not take longer than a minute....

Message 15 of 48
latest reply