cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Delayed?

Hi.
I have sold a few books to a customer. Because I did not have a bigger box at the moment, I had to use two different boxes to mail books as there was 8 of them. I used Media Mail. The first shipment arrivd on April 11th safe and sound. The second one is giving me and my customer headaches for a week already.

First of all, the shipment had no updates for almost a week. USPS would put this "in transit" every single morning, which obviously doesn't indicate where the package is. Then after a long time, it moved... and went quiet again. A day before yesterday it also moved and arrived to North Houston origin facility, so I thought "finally it is going to be delivered" and... then it moved back to the origin facility that is near me, which doesn't make ANY sense because North Houston facility is where packages always go. So, they moved it to there... and then moved the shipment back. What's the point except wasting gas?

I've created two search cases already and one of them ended with only a status update, another one with "we can't confirm what's inside" or something like that. I also emailed USPS twice, on which they responded with "Media Mail is the slowest. You have to wait". I would wait but my customer paid on 4th of April and it is almost three weeks as they are waiting for what they paid for. They want to cancel the transaction and return the box that arrived already. 
I include a tracking history, so you can see on your own how weird the movement of my package is.

What should I do? Should I just return the package to me and send it again? I already lost a decent amount with this transaction, doing all this will literally destroy any profit I've got.

April 20, 2018, 7:34 am 
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility 
BEAUMONT TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER  
The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. Your item arrived at our BEAUMONT TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER origin facility on April 20, 2018 at 7:34 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. 

April 19, 2018, 6:51 pm 
NORTH HOUSTON TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

April 19, 2018 
In Transit to Next Facility 

April 18, 2018, 6:39 am 
Departed USPS Regional Facility 

April 18, 2018, 3:42 am 

April 16, 2018 

April 15, 2018 

April 14, 2018 

April 13, 2018, 3:41 am 
DALLAS TX NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

April 9, 2018 

April 8, 2018 

April 7, 2018 

April 6, 2018, 8:31 pm 
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility 
COPPELL TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

April 6, 2018, 12:20 pm 
DALLAS TX NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

April 5, 2018, 10:51 am 
USPS in possession of item 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: USPS Delayed?

Hopefully. I will try to have my customer wait a little longer. I know how annoying it is to wait for something you paid for...

Thanks for your answer!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It should be delivered in the next week or so.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

For one, media mail is a "when there's room" service. If they have too much other mail, it sits.

Overall, it is their least priority service.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hopefully. I will try to have my customer wait a little longer. I know how annoying it is to wait for something you paid for...

Thanks for your answer!
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I see.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply