cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Commercial Plus Rates 2019 / eBay Labels

@Anonymous, I hope it's OK to re-post this question here... it did not get a response in the chat.

With the new USPS rates there is no longer a price difference between Commercial Base and Commercial Plus. Will eBay offer a discount to sellers who qualify for CommPlus that will be a cost-savings over the USPS published rates?

That is was one of the perks of being a TRS and it would be a good way for eBay to regain shipping label business that sellers have taken to 3rd party shipping services.

CommPlus was not eliminated as Base and Plus are both on the DMM. CommPlus and CommBase rates are going to be the same though.

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: USPS Commercial Plus Rates 2019 / eBay Labels

@berserkerplanet wrote: ... Someone (not me) is going to have to plug 500 permutations into the eBay calculators and write the results down to generate a chart....

Well, figuring the prices for Zones 1 - 8 up to 5 pounds would only be 40 calculations, which would cover most of the transactions discussed here.

Message 46 of 53
latest reply

brian@ebay, will the 3% Priority Mail discount continue for Top-Rated Sellers (TRS) for the new 2020 USPS rates? 

If so, will the discount be available to all TRS, including those who newly acquiring the TRS status?  Or do you have to be "grandfathered" in?

I can't find any official eBay discussion of the 3%-shipping-discount perk in the description of benefits of TRS status or Seller Protections (which discusses some TRS perks).

Thanks!

Message 47 of 53
latest reply

There has been a reassuring post from an eBay employee: the 3% Priority mail discount will continue to be available for Top Rated Sellers.  Prices quoted here in the past couple of days indicate that it is indeed still functioning.

Message 48 of 53
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

There has been a reassuring post from an eBay employee: the 3% Priority mail discount will continue to be available for Top Rated Sellers.  Prices quoted here in the past couple of days indicate that it is indeed still functioning.

Would you please point me to that reassuring post from the eBay employee?  Thanks!  (I did search before posting the above but did not find anything relevant.)

Also, I am still interested in a reply regarding my question about those newly acquiring TRS status.  Thanks!

Message 49 of 53
latest reply

Sorry, I didn't bookmark it.  IIRC it was during one of the weekly Wednesday chats a couple of weeks ago.

They didn't address new seller issue probably because it didn't occur to anybody that they wouldn't be eligible. Over the past year while the 3% credit has been in place, new TRS have gotten it.

Message 50 of 53
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

Sorry, I didn't bookmark it.  IIRC it was during one of the weekly Wednesday chats a couple of weeks ago.

They didn't address new seller issue probably because it didn't occur to anybody that they wouldn't be eligible. Over the past year while the 3% credit has been in place, new TRS have gotten it.

Oh, rats.  Those discussions are being held on another board and it would have been helpful. 

Message 51 of 53
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

IIRC it was during one of the weekly Wednesday chats a couple of weeks ago.

I waded through all of the Jan 15 and Jan 22 Chats and couldn't find any relevant discussion.  The new USPS rates weren't implemented until Jan 26.  Could it have been a Chat further back than three weeks ago (Jan 8 or earlier)?

Message 52 of 53
latest reply

@better_than_ice_cream wrote:

brian@ebay, will the 3% Priority Mail discount continue for Top-Rated Sellers (TRS) for the new 2020 USPS rates? 

If so, will the discount be available to all TRS, including those who newly acquiring the TRS status?  Or do you have to be "grandfathered" in?

I can't find any official eBay discussion of the 3%-shipping-discount perk in the description of benefits of TRS status or Seller Protections (which discusses some TRS perks).

Thanks!

Hi @better_than_ice_cream, there are no plans to remove the Top Rated Seller discount on USPS labels, so the discount will continue. 

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, I am locking it from future replies. Feel free to start  a new thread if you have further questions. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 53 of 53
latest reply