cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS Security box scam - New?

So I a couple weeks ago I ordered a lot of 250 shipping boxes. A few days later I get a box with a single roll of tape in it. I raise an issue with the seller and they tell me that it was a free gift and the boxes will arrive soon. Today I receive the boxes, but it appears that they ordered a bunch of "UPS security boxes" and had them shipped directly to me. They seem to be free shipping supplies, but have a feeling that when things are audited, that due to how many of them there are, that I'm likely to get charged for them in the future. Has anyone had experience with this?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: UPS Security box scam - New?

So you ordered plain boxes from a seller.

Then that seller went to their UPS account and ordered the free supplies UPS offers and had them drop shipped to you.

Is that correct?

If it is, you can report them to UPS.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Sounds like that seller is violating eBay policy and perhaps also breaking the law, could be considered stealing from UPS by profiting off of free shipping supplies. Below is the link to the full policy “Encouraging Illegal Activity”.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/encouraging-illegal-activity-policy?i....

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@macman4623 wrote:

So I a couple weeks ago I ordered a lot of 250 shipping boxes. A few days later I get a box with a single roll of tape in it. I raise an issue with the seller and they tell me that it was a free gift and the boxes will arrive soon.

Bologna. It was sent to you so that they could upload a tracking number to eBay that would satisfy the transaction. Their later purchase (or freebie order or whatever) from UPS for the actual boxes might not have had a tracking number that eBay would recognize as belonging to that sale. (I'm not totally certain of that, but the roll of tape you received was clearly designed to fulfill their shipping obligation.)

@macman4623 wrote:

Today I receive the boxes, but it appears that they ordered a bunch of "UPS security boxes" and had them shipped directly to me. They seem to be free shipping supplies, but have a feeling that when things are audited, that due to how many of them there are, that I'm likely to get charged for them in the future.

I doubt that. If they want to bill anyone, it would be the goof that ordered them, not the recipient (you).

Message 4 of 4
latest reply