cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNSOLD LISTINGS

Why do I have listings being removed and sent to the unsold section.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: UNSOLD LISTINGS

If during that 16 months you are changing stuff on the listing, that is why it isn't consider stale.  I explain this a bit upthread as to what I do to prevent Ebay from closing any listings.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

So ebay will end them if they're "stale" and yet supposedly the whole point of going to GTC rather than ending every 30 days was so they would be brought up in search engines as current listings?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Comparing 30 days to a duration that is 16 times as long?

If a listing is getting no attention at all for 16 months it's definitely stale. If a seller still believes it can be sold they should take the subtle message from eBay to make a few tweaks and relist it.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

So ebay will end them if they're "stale" and yet supposedly the whole point of going to GTC rather than ending every 30 days was so they would be brought up in search engines as current listings?

It is completely avoidable as has been described by several different posters on this thread.  I'm unsure as to the problem here??!??

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

I have also been changing small things about my ads every so often, or doing a bulk edit believing it would give my ads a refresh.  Then I came across this article:  https://www.listranksell.com/blog/ebay-seo-myths-listings-go-stale/

What are your thoughts?  Now I don't know whether to keep tweaking them or just leave them alone.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

IMHO, adjusting / changing just a couple listings at a time you aren't really likely to see a increase in sales.  But what I can share with you is that when I do a bulk edit and change something on all my listings.  It causes those listings to reindex in Ebay in the next 24-48 hours and I've always seen a little increase in sales shortly thereafter.  

When you bulk edit listings it does not make them appear as a new listing.  It just gets a little refresh and is forced to reindex and therefore will rank a bit higher in the returns.

Something to ALWAYS remember is that increases in rankings are ONLY valid if a buyer is searching by Best Match.  I am of the opinion that most sellers have their search returns to be Lowers Price including Shipping.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Mam,

Thanks for your insight.  Quick question - when you bulk edit, what type of changes are you making that perhaps does not have a major effect on your listings. 

I generally change my handling time - 2 days to 1 day and a month later, back to 2 days.  Is this type of change enough to generate the re-index? 

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Great question.  I've been known to change my handling time or my Return policy.  If I really prefer to have either the way I had it before changing it, 48 hours or so after I changed them, I bulk edit again and change them back.

It really isn't much work.  Each time it takes well under 5 minutes.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply