cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two offers with same address but different users. Is this a scammer, bot or a legitmate user?

Looking into their profile, it appears that both are abusing the rating system, but I can't quite tell for sure.  Should I trust this buyer?  I rejected his offer previously because it looked suspisous, and this same guy is doing it again.  Seems like this guy is despirate.  

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Two offers with same address but different users. Is this a scammer, bot or a legitmate user?

How are they abusing the rating system? Doesn’t look like those two IDs exchanged feedback for each other.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I don't get it, either... 🤔

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

This is a Freight forward address....going to another country. Look at buyer ID eBayer to see where they live.

And items will take longer to reach their country from Delaware.

And they will be using probably not a USA credit card so you might get charged International fee additional.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Strange...one is from another country and one is listed as living in the USA. 

But the address is "freight forward.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Users have been known to lie as to their location when they register.

Or it could be a US user who has moved to another country?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

If buyer uses a credit card from another country than seller will know buyer is in another country...with additional International fee, by the way.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@briabernin_0 wrote:

Looking into their profile, it appears that both are abusing the rating system,

In what way?

Both are using freight forwarders (though not the same forwarder; the ZIP codes are different). Both have submitted their payment info in advance of their offer, meaning that you will get instant payment if you accept either one. In both cases, your delivery obligation is complete as soon as your tracking shows a Delivered status to the forwarder in Wilmington, DE, and if the buyer wants to return his item for some reason, your return label will originate from Wilmington, so it would be up to him to return his item to the forwarder first.

I don't see any red flags that would cause me to not ship once payment is received.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Although it's possible if the US user IS a US user who's moved (maybe temporarily) they'd probably have a US cc as well = )

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

How do you figure anyone could have the same address, but different zip codes? 

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

How do you figure anyone could have the same address, but different zip codes? 

Unfortunately the screenshots have now been removed, but when they were visible, the only location details given for the freight forwarders in each case were City, State and ZIP, with no street address.

The two ZIPs were completely different (even the 5-digit ZIP portion ended with a different digit), so each forwarder must have been at a completely different street address. (I understand Delaware has no state or local sales taxes, so it's a popular location for freight forwarders since their customers don't get taxed on their purchases.)

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

If these offers are coming from international buyers, you need to do your homework on each one. I assume it is for your $280 gaming listing. 

View their profile. Whay country are they from? Some countries are known for scammers. What does their full feedback history look like in each category? 

If you still entertain shipping, ship with signature required to the freight forwarder. 

It does look like you do offer international shipping. I would go through eBay's international shipping process. My understanding is the seller will be protected.??

Good luck. 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Probably, but probably not....considering they have to make payments on the credit card and your credit card company should always have the correct information. In case of fraud on that credit card.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@briabernin_0 

Being a new seller with hi scam inventory (electronics) I would be very careful.  If you don't feel comfortable selling internationally, simply don't do it.  Watch out for those who ask you to ship to another address, send them your Paypal account number because they can't pay thru eBay or ask you to add a gift card.  These people are out to steal from you and not just the item, your payment as well.   Good luck to you and keep your eyes wide. They're everywhere.

Happy Selling

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I realize that your zipcodes work differently than our Canadian postal codes, but the apartments across the street from me have different codes too.

They are also in a different city (Saanich rather than Oak Bay).

Every area is going to have a boundary.

It's even possible to have different codes in the same building- especially in industrial parks.

Google Maps also works with zipcodes, not just with street addresses.

Freight forwarders are the second most secure addresses to ship to, after postal mail boxes. Most of the Money Back Guarantee does not apply to forwarded shipments.

There is very likely to be an "international fee" added to the payment though.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply