cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twitter linked social account disappeared

Hi everyone - I just tried to post to my linked Twitter account from eBay's Social Media page and there's no Twitter option showing.  Worked fine a couple of days ago.  Anyone else have this issue?  

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Twitter linked social account disappeared

Twitter isn't showing for me either. No idea why.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@ssbn625g 

Go to the top right hand of your listing page.  You'll see the word "Share"  Click on that and you'll see all the social media apps to choose from.  I've been tweeting all day.  🐦

Happy Selling. 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@ckimodog  Yes, it can be done. Thanks for the reminder.

The point is, if you have a store and the social media page (Seller hub>Store>Social Media) you can use that page with FB, IG, Pinterest and, until today, Twitter. Today, the Twitter link is missing. Instructions to link your account to Twitter are still present, so my guess is this is just a glitch of some sort. Which, given the current state of Twitter, could be on ebay's end or Twitter's end.

devon@ebay , can you explain the absence of Twitter from the Store Social Media page?

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@ssbn625g 

Go to the top right hand of your listing page.  You'll see the word "Share"  Click on that and you'll see all the social media apps to choose from.  I've been tweeting all day.  🐦

Happy Selling. 

@ckimodog that does still work as a workaround, but that's not what @ssbn625g is talking about.

They are talking about the new social sharing function for store that allows you to customize the posts more and has more features.

The help page still lists Twitter as an option, but the Twitter icon is no longer there.

https://pages.ebay.com/stores-social-page-help/ 

2023-06-17_18-54-38.jpg

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

@ckimodog  Yes, it can be done. Thanks for the reminder.

The point is, if you have a store and the social media page (Seller hub>Store>Social Media) you can use that page with FB, IG, Pinterest and, until today, Twitter. Today, the Twitter link is missing. Instructions to link your account to Twitter are still present, so my guess is this is just a glitch of some sort. Which, given the current state of Twitter, could be on ebay's end or Twitter's end.

devon@ebay , can you explain the absence of Twitter from the Store Social Media page?

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques I'm guessing something may have broken it on the Twitter side.

Some other tools and apps I use that are not at all related to eBay but connect to your Twitter account the same way are not working right now too and Twitter has also changed something recently that impacts the ability to embed tweets in some places.

Hopefully Devon can confirm, but my money is on this being an Elon problem, not an eBay problem. 😉

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@valueaddedresource 

Thank you... I thought that's what they were referring to because I tweet daily and no problems here anyway...yet.  All the best. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

It was quite a let down when they broke the RSS feeds couple months ago, which I used to use dlvrit.com to push my eBay listings to Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and FB automatically with no limits as the new social only allows something like 10 posts a day pushed out and you have to do each on manually.

Today Twitter disappeared....  Sucks when they force us to stop using something that has worked great for 10 years without letting anyone know and only to "try" to add the service for free but manual and limit to a small # a day.  I searched my eBay messages and never received a message about Social being added or now Twitter being removed?

And they still have this on the tutorial however it's not available.....

Twitter

Link to Twitter:

1. Go to the Social page in Seller Hub https://www.ebay.com/sh/str/social
  2. Go to the Account Linking section and click on the Twitter button
  3. Input your Twitter sign in information
  4. Authorize the eBay app to post to Twitter
  5. You’re ready to post!

Note: If signing into Twitter for the first time on your desktop browser when linking your eBay account to Twitter:

1. Twitter signin may log you in,
  2. Then you may need to then click the Twitter button on eBay Social Page again to finish linking your account

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Personally, I think ELON is an "Elon problem".

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@magicguynet wrote:

It was quite a let down when they broke the RSS feeds couple months ago, which I used to use dlvrit.com to push my eBay listings to Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and FB automatically with no limits as the new social only allows something like 10 posts a day pushed out and you have to do each on manually.

Today Twitter disappeared....  Sucks when they force us to stop using something that has worked great for 10 years without letting anyone know and only to "try" to add the service for free but manual and limit to a small # a day.  I searched my eBay messages and never received a message about Social being added or now Twitter being removed?

And they still have this on the tutorial however it's not available.....

Twitter

Link to Twitter:

1. Go to the Social page in Seller Hub https://www.ebay.com/sh/str/social
  2. Go to the Account Linking section and click on the Twitter button
  3. Input your Twitter sign in information
  4. Authorize the eBay app to post to Twitter
  5. You’re ready to post!

Note: If signing into Twitter for the first time on your desktop browser when linking your eBay account to Twitter:

1. Twitter signin may log you in,
  2. Then you may need to then click the Twitter button on eBay Social Page again to finish linking your account

@magicguynet that's one of the reasons I believe this is an issue on the Twitter side, not that eBay has intentionally decided to remove Twitter from this feature.

Like I said above, many other tools and apps I use that have nothing to do with eBay or ecommerce have also had their connection to Twitter broken recently - some of that may be related to changes Twitter intentionally made to make API access more expensive/difficult to access and some of it may just be stuff that's broken.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Maybe one of the guys/gals he laid off was the one in charge of making sure links from elsewhere worked?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

.30 cent insertion fees, $60 store fees, then 13% FVF....I think eBay can afford it....considering they have eliminated 80% of their CSR force....I just found a free python script to create a bot that posts to Twitter without using the API, Twitter still has a web app with forms?

Then bring back RSS feeds, $14/month and I could without any intervention have every listing I made to eBay listed to Twitter, FB, Instagram and Pinterest instantly.

Oh and don't think eBay wasn't in all those postings they are automating for you entering their own affiliate code and paying themselves back through doubling advertising money sending people to their own site from others.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@magicguynet wrote:

.30 cent insertion fees, $60 store fees, then 13% FVF....I think eBay can afford it....considering they have eliminated 80% of their CSR force....I just found a free python script to create a bot that posts to Twitter without using the API, Twitter still has a web app with forms?

Then bring back RSS feeds, $14/month and I could without any intervention have every listing I made to eBay listed to Twitter, FB, Instagram and Pinterest instantly.

Oh and don't think eBay wasn't in all those postings they are automating for you entering their own affiliate code and paying themselves back through doubling advertising money sending people to their own site from others.

@magicguynet from what I've read from other SaaS providers, it's not always as simple as just pay the new much higher prices for API access - even some who have been willing to do that have run into brick walls because of not getting responses from Twitter support when they've had problems with upgrading to the new price tiers and/or issues integrating with the new API (it wasn't just the price tiers that changed).

Those things can take weeks or months to work out.

As far as using bots to post to Twitter without using the API, eBay's regular share functionality still works, it's just the new tool that uses the API that doesn't.

Justs go to the item in Seller Hub or from the item page and use the share button.

2023-06-25_09-48-36.jpg

2023-06-25_09-49-01.jpg

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I like to keep it simple. I don't care about other platforms. 

The more everyone shares / connects in all these links just creates more potential scammers and your personal information being sold or shared.

How many scam / fake e-mails, phone calls and text messages do you get on a daily basis?

Message 14 of 14
latest reply