cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TurboLister is Retiring July 2020

I just got this message and I wanted to make sure as many people see it as possible.  I'm saddened by this news as no matter what Ebay is saying, the Seller Hub does not have enough features to replace the main uses of TL.  For me I am very unhappy by this news.

Starting July 2020, we will stop supporting Turbo Lister. Downloads of the Turbo Lister listing tool in the US have not been available since 2017.

Because many eBay sellers continue to rely on Turbo Lister to list items quickly and easily, we want to give you plenty of time to transition to other listing options. We’ve already integrated many popular Turbo Lister features in Seller Hub to support you during the change.

We’re committed to providing you with the best tools and functionality possible, and we’re working diligently to develop a solution that will enable you to continue to list on eBay with maximum ease and efficiency. The new solution will offer many of the same popular Turbo Lister features and functionality, including the ability to manage and edit listings offline. We’ll let you know when it is available.

In the meantime, many Turbo Lister features are available in Seller Hub at no cost. You can bulk list, edit, and manage your listings from the Active Listings tab. You also have the option of using other eBay bulk listing tools such as File Exchange. Learn more.

We appreciate your business.
Thank you for selling on eBay.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 1 of 179
latest reply
178 REPLIES 178

Does this mean I will not be able to list using TurboLister because the support is no longer there? 

Message 16 of 179
latest reply

Downloads of the Turbo Lister listing tool in the US have not been available since 2017.

eBay is telling a falsehood with that statement. While they may not advertise it anymore, I downloaded a new copy from eBay this past September after my hard drive crashed. It's a great tool. I'll miss it.

Message 17 of 179
latest reply

@cmm wrote:

Does this mean I will not be able to list using TurboLister because the support is no longer there? 

After July of 2020 you won't be able to use it.  They will likely turn off it's permission to even communicate with the site as this is an offline program.  

Message 18 of 179
latest reply

@blueeggsandspam wrote:

Downloads of the Turbo Lister listing tool in the US have not been available since 2017.

eBay is telling a falsehood with that statement. While they may not advertise it anymore, I downloaded a new copy from eBay this past September after my hard drive crashed. It's a great tool. I'll miss it.

Well yes and no.  Ebay hasn't offered a downloadable version of this program since 2017, but there are some places you can get it on the internet.  But you need to be careful about selecting one of those as it may or may not be the right program.

So they aren't telling a lie.  They just aren't offering an extended explanation about what you may find out in the world of the internet.

Message 19 of 179
latest reply

I guess there is not much point in writing up future listings - - it's going to be a pain unless seller hub allows drafts to stay for a long period of time
Message 20 of 179
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@blueeggsandspam wrote:

Well yes and no.  Ebay hasn't offered a downloadable version of this program since 2017, but there are some places you can get it on the internet.  But you need to be careful about selecting one of those as it may or may not be the right program.

So they aren't telling a lie.  They just aren't offering an extended explanation about what you may find out in the world of the internet.

Sorry, @mam98031, but that's not correct. 

@blueeggsandspam has it right, eBay did continue to offer the download for Turbo Lister,  in fact it's still available now:

http://download.ebay.com/turbo_lister2/TurboListerInstall.htmhttp://download.ebay.com/turbo_lister2/TurboListerInstall.htm

FYI, if you're using Chrome, you may get a security warning for that URL, but there's nothing wrong with it, and it is an eBay site.

Message 21 of 179
latest reply

I alrady vented about this before I saw this thread.

eBay will just become too USER UNFRIENDLY for me and I have other places to lsit.

Besides, it takes me 100 listings to get 10 sales.

When I see the HUB, I see Spyware.

Message 22 of 179
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:  why get rid of the ones they have that do work?

Because it's become more costly to maintain compatibility for the outdated software than it is to build out new tools and features in seller hub.

This ^^^.  Whatever eBay CALLS itself, it's not a tech company, it's an ecommerce company trying to develop and use technology for the purposes of etailing.  If they don't have documentation and ability to upgrade the legacy software for something like TL, they have to retire it, and I honestly think they don't, hence, the cheaper alternative - running such a program unsupported is a clear security risk.  I really like the seller hub, but I used TL back in the day for a while and could see that it had some capabilities (archiving, for instance) that SH just doesn't have - or at least my version doesn't.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 23 of 179
latest reply

@cmm wrote:
I guess there is not much point in writing up future listings - - it's going to be a pain unless seller hub allows drafts to stay for a long period of time

@cmm 

Keep in mind we are still a few months away from them ending this program.  In the meantime we can all shop for alternate programs to use.  They are out there.  Some do have fees and some don't.  The trick is finding the one we each want to use.  The answer can vary for each of us.

Message 24 of 179
latest reply

I use the SH too.  I like it.  But it is not anything I can use instead of TL.  The SH just doesn't have the capabilities of TL nor will it likely ever have them as Ebay previously said it would.  

Message 25 of 179
latest reply

Similar to you other folks, I'm in the same boat.  Been around since the 90's.  Used Mister Lister, thought it was fantastic because you could do everything all on one page!  Super simple and easy!  Turbo Lister to me was more complex (you have to open a pop-up window to do your listing)...but heck, we all got used to it.

And now looks like they've really set a final date.  What I don't understand is why Ebay doesn't come out with a "premium" bulk listing tool...something even better, smoother than Turbo Lister, and charge a fee?  Heck I'd gladly pay $5 a month...even $10 a month.  

I moved to SixBit a couple years ago when ebay announced the end of Turbo Lister.  I used it for about a year or so, it was a decent tool, but often when I uploaded listings, the images didn't go up with them!  So frustrating to upload 100 items and then have to go back and revise 40 of them to add photos.  When it became clear that ebay wasn't really ending Turbo Lister, I came back and started using it again, lol.

I suppose SixBit is the next best thing...but it's $20 a month and in my opinion, inferior to Turbo Lister.  I sure hope Ebay is listening and brings out a new bulk listing tool, even if they charge a fee.  If it's less than the $20 a month for SixBit, I'd pay it.

Message 26 of 179
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@blueeggsandspam wrote:

As I mentioned in my post, I downloaded it directly from eBay. It's still there, albeit on an unsecure server (url with http instead of https). The last time I posted the link it was removed, but I see someone else has provided it for you. 

Message 27 of 179
latest reply

I agree. And also, Turbo Lister has been available for download from 2017 to present. Just not on the eBay site.

Always a newbie!
Message 28 of 179
latest reply

I got rid of TL in January as I found too many issues with it.

Any other program for sellers with a store start at around $20 and up which will add a great cost for many sellers.

I have a basic store, and will list fixes price using eBay's listing tool for the 250, and then create drafts for auctions, list them monthly and rotate them before the 90 days is up so I have 500 listed at all time.

When an Item sells, I will add a new one in either fixed or auction.

Once all that is done, I may upgrade to a premium store and do the same for the 1500 listings.

It is more economical to do it this way then paying for a listing program, most of which have issues.

Unless you list a large number of items, this should work just fine although it might cause issues for sellers with seasonal merchandise.

Message 29 of 179
latest reply

I also am very upset TL will no longer be able to be used, as Seller Hub doesn't even come close to being a viable alternative, since drafts don't stay usable for the entire 30 days/draft photos go missing after 2 weeks and unsold/ended listings disappear after 90 days. I currently have nearly 1500 listings stored in Turbo Lister. However, I am thankful that I have 95% of those 1500 listings "stored" on another site(small free site) that gives me the occasional sale. At least, I don't lose all my listings' info this way...

Message 30 of 179
latest reply