cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trump Shoes that were released today for $399 are selling for thousands

Saw an article that some Gold shoes he just released today already sold out after a few hours. I looked at ebay comps and people are flipping them for thousands (I guess because only 1000 pairs were made).

This is not a political thread. Just thought the whole thing was crazy.

Message 1 of 147
latest reply
146 REPLIES 146

@powell-memorabilia 

I've reported several as well.  1st time, they were still for sale, later that day they were all shut down.  The sellers need to be shut down as well.  They're virtual thieves that give good sellers a bad name.  

Happy Selling

Message 31 of 147
latest reply

I just saw where the current "president's"  super pac just announced that they are taking pre orders on 1,000 pieces of Hunters original artwork, $250,000 each, reported to be selling fast, mainly to China "investors"

Message 32 of 147
latest reply

I'm finding success with flagging for pre-sale violations (Report Item -> Listing Practices -> Inappropriate Seller Terms -> Presale).

Message 33 of 147
latest reply

We don't have to worry about getting these kicked off eBay as Trump will just rally all the sellers together and blame Biden and the Democrats for ruining his shoe sales.  

Message 34 of 147
latest reply

If something sounds too good to be true...

Think about it, how many times in life have you purchased a pair of shoes for $400 and re-sold them for $5000? Just doesn't make sense, even at $400 that would be a tough sale, Trump is not exactly on top of everyone's list of favorite people... Yes I can believe that merchandise with his name on it might sell at a premium but thousands of them, and at highly outrageous prices?

Come on, not even the C8 Corvette got such ridiculous resale attention.

That said and having read the rest of the thread I am pretty sure there's some sort of scam going on here, but why would anyone even put down $5000 on a pair of shoes? I mean are they made of real gold, if so they'd better contain a good 2 ounces of it... I am glad there are folks here reporting this.

Message 35 of 147
latest reply

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT. Lol.

Message 36 of 147
latest reply

@nh_sales_lv wrote:

Look up Sold for Preorders, Trump can sell almost anything. Amazing

Yeah, like steaks, vodka, university classes...oh, wait. 

Message 37 of 147
latest reply

The buyers that are getting these shoes for thousands (especially considering they are losing their seller protections) are being silly/stupid and the price is only so high because of what they are willing to pay it. But it is real people purchasing these shoes. I guess they are just a bunch of rich people that like Trump and want to support him (or more like support the scalpers in order to show off to others how they are supporting him) because they feel like he's being persecuted with his court stuff. 🤷‍

Message 38 of 147
latest reply

@short_circuit.lineman61 

No doubt that's where they were made as well.  More counterfeits, just what eBay needs...🙄

Message 39 of 147
latest reply

@powell-memorabilia 

Thanks for this.  There's a lot search and browser manipulation as well.

Devon@ebay

Elizabeth@eBay

kyle@eBay

Please read these threads as this an open invitation to scam buyers...by the thousands.  eBay needs re-consider the sell of these here.  This is going to be a hot mess and bad for other sellers who sell here and follow the rules.  These sellers and their items need to go before we have a catastrophe on our hands!

Message 40 of 147
latest reply

@sapphire_studio wrote:

The buyers that are getting these shoes for thousands (especially considering they are losing their seller protections) are being silly/stupid and the price is only so high because of what they are willing to pay it. But it is real people purchasing these shoes. I guess they are just a bunch of rich people that like Trump and want to support him (or more like support the scalpers in order to show off to others how they are supporting him) because they feel like he's being persecuted with his court stuff. 🤷‍

the price is only so high because of what they are willing to pay it.

Yes, exactly like every item ever sold anywhere

Message 41 of 147
latest reply

I am reminded of the old saying about Fools And Their Money. 

Message 42 of 147
latest reply

@bennotbill wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

I found one.

How can they be "new with box" and "size 11" when they are just a photo.

A simple INAD

Well yes, and a very disappointed buyer in which the site could lose all together because of these sellers looking to make a quick buck.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 43 of 147
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

They need to shut down that listing. That is asking for big trouble for seller and ebay.

@vintagecraze50 

They have and a lot of others.  There are a few left, but likely they will be gone soon too.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 44 of 147
latest reply

@sapphire_studio 

Here's another re-assuring description for a pair that are going for $17,000:

We have no knowledge of what number of sneaker you will receive. Donald Trump will be signing 10 of the 1000. Whether or not this shoe will be signed we also have no knowledge of.

Really? Yikes!

Message 45 of 147
latest reply