cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Indicates Late Delivery is Bogus

Lost my top rated status ever since eBay institued these shenanigans regarding late shipments. Just to clarify for anyone not familiar. It used to be that if you had a handling time of one business day, as long as you printed your shipping label or uploaded tracking info within that time frame you were not charged with a late shipment. So if you do everything right, and the post office decides to give your package a tour of the country before delivering it one state over (yes this has actually happened to me) the you weren't held accountable for a late shipment. 

The way it works now is that even if your label is printed on time, if the post office doesn't scan it right away then it can still be marked as a late shipment if it misses the delivery date. Now if you have your packages picked up by the mail truck, or drop them off at the PO without taking them to the window to be scanned, they might not get scanned in until they reach the sort facility the next day. Congratulations, you did everything right but now you just made a late shipment according to eBay.

I just recently contacted USPS customer service because a buyer hadn't recieved their item on time. The screen cap below is the reply I got. It says the only guaranteed service is express mail. So, eBay holding a seller accountable for late deliveries on items with no guaranteed delivery date is utter nonsense. 

Also, below is the screen cap of my late shipment report just to show that it's never my buyer's claiming a late delivery.

This is utter nonsense and it needs to stop

USPS Email.jpglate ship.jpg

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's also worth noting that they're now reducing the discount to 10% 

I'm happy to report that using the advice of a few of the people who responded ie using SCAN forms, setting the default shipping speed to economy then using first class, etc. I haven't had a delivery marked late in over 4 months, and when the March evaluation comes around I'll be back to top rated.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 40 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Ah but remember when ebay started that ? They said " its just for our info , itll not ever count against a seller".

And so many swallowed it , hook ,line and stink bait
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 2 of 65
latest reply

I too have seen this same problem. And we are also at the mercy of the Post Office scanning it on time if you drop off your packages during business hours. And the tracking updated online now is terrible. Just a complete fail on Ebay and the PO tracking system.

Message 3 of 65
latest reply

You need to Wait in line at the post office. Get an acceptance scan.
Message 4 of 65
latest reply

I don't know about you, but at my post office the line is always out the door, and the workers are less than accommodating when it comes to special requests like, please scan each of these 20 packages and give me a receipt for it. It's not feasible to take an hour plus out of my day every single day, as I would imagine it is for most people.
Message 5 of 65
latest reply

The upload tracking metric within your handling time is still in place.  There is now an additional shipping metric to meet called on-time shipping.   Both are on the dashboard.

Message 6 of 65
latest reply

Everything I sell during the business day gets packed and labels printed the same night. Then I either drop off the packages with the mail truck or at the post office. I have operated this exact way for the last 3 years and have never had a problem. It's only since these new changes came into effect that eBay is showing my shipments as being sent out late
Message 7 of 65
latest reply

If you have too many late shipments increase your shipping time or offer slower delivery services and use a fast one.
Message 8 of 65
latest reply

I've increased my shipping time to 2 days instead of 1 so that should make for fewer late deliveries, but that won't help in getting back top rated status because unless I missed something you still need to offer 1 day shipping for that
Message 9 of 65
latest reply

@joesoucie22012 wrote:

But when this entire mess began Ebay's Blues made the comment that this was NEVER INTENDED to force the sellers to stand in line at the post office.  But now if you don't, especially with the latest change to FCM and FCP to handling time plus 3 days or its late, you either get a scan when your package is picked up or you stand in line for the scan because otherwise the odds are now against you for the package being delivered on time, and Ebay knows it.  This entire change was to once again lower the number of TRS+ 20% discounts Ebay has to give out each month.  They need to increase revenue and that is one of the easiest ways.

I wish they would just come out and say it or eliminate the program if they are that desperate for the 20% discount, but that will never happen because Ebay does not want the PR Nightmare that would come with it.  With all the revenues they earn on the advertising on the listings as well as the links to other sites on our listings that we pay for, Ebay should actually be paying billboard space rent for all their ads to the sellers.

I truthfully wonder how really aware TPTB are of all the changes that keep occurring that constantly effect the sellers that Weinig said he wanted to reconnect with when he first became CEO.  Was it all just a bunch of hot air or are the Execs under him not relaying all the issues that are constantly effecting the sales of the customers that they wanted to reconnect with?

DAvid

Twnpopcards

David

Twnpopcards

Message 10 of 65
latest reply

@joesoucie22012 wrote:

My PO will not do an acceptance scan even if I wait in line to physically give it to the clerk at the counter.  Have tried a few different PO's with the same result

Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.
Message 11 of 65
latest reply

It used to be that if you had a handling time of one business day, as long as you printed your shipping label or uploaded tracking info within that time frame you were not charged with a late shipment.

You have to upload your tracking within your handling time. Printing the shipping label means nothing. And to be really safe, get an acceptance scan within your handling time.

And you can be TRS with more than 1 day handling. It's just you won't have any TRS plus listings to get the 20% discount on.

Printing the level via eBay automatically adds tracking info. The OR was in case you didn't use eBay to print the label and manually uploaded the info from your carrier
Message 13 of 65
latest reply

I haven't been inside a PO in years. Ever since they told me they will no longer scan at the window, that all scanning will be at the main sort facility.

Message 14 of 65
latest reply

Late delivery is completely different then late tracking. Tracking is automatic if you print on line so it doesn't matter when the item is scanned. I am not sure why all your packages are being delivered late ? Is it media mail ? I've never had a package delivered late. Maybe add more handling time to your listings to avoid late delivery ?

Message 15 of 65
latest reply