cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated Seller grace period notice

I received an email from eBay today saying my status did not meet one of the requirements to remain Top Rated Seller and that eBay is giving me a grace period to May 20th to improve. I logged into my account and as of March 20th my Feb level was Top Seller, this month Top Seller with Above Standard. No defects, late shipment and always tracking uploaded in time. Transaction are lower but have met the requirements for the required amount of sales/quantity for the year. Don't understand why I would be receiving this notice.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The evaluation on the 20th of each month is based on the previous 12 full calendar months; for example, the evaluation on February 20 was based on February 1, 2022 through January 31, 2023.  

If eBay estimates that your transactions in the upcoming evaluation period period might be less than 100, then you would get an alert about being borderline for qualifying for TRS.  It's a heads-up that you might want to lower prices or offer deals to encourage sales, or list some more items that are good sellers to get your numbers up.  The grace period is given to sellers who have been a TRS for a while and who fall below the minimums for a short time.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-protections?id=4345

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

So your 'Transactions and sales' numbers are over 100 and $1K, respectively? 🤔

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Sales are over $1000 @ 72 sales from first of the year.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

The evaluation on the 20th of each month is based on the previous 12 full calendar months; for example, the evaluation on February 20 was based on February 1, 2022 through January 31, 2023.  

If eBay estimates that your transactions in the upcoming evaluation period period might be less than 100, then you would get an alert about being borderline for qualifying for TRS.  It's a heads-up that you might want to lower prices or offer deals to encourage sales, or list some more items that are good sellers to get your numbers up.  The grace period is given to sellers who have been a TRS for a while and who fall below the minimums for a short time.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-protections?id=4345

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Sorry meant to click on reply not accept. The sales of 72 items is in 3 months and the 100 required is for a year. Based on a year I would be on target for that requirement, unless I am missing something when I read the requirement prior to coming to the community. Thank you

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@gemfire59 wrote:

Sales are over $1000 @ 72 sales from first of the year.

@gemfire59 

That's it... less than 100 transactions. Try to grab another 28 successful sales this month. Good luck!

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Guess the year has flown by to make those 100 sales per year. Anyhow yes it comes down to the transaction being lower than this time last year. Thanks to all that replied.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I lost my Top Rated Seller awhile ago due to not selling 100 items in 12 months. Never mind that the economy is sluggish at the moment and is likely going to get a bit worse. It doesn't concern me all that much it gains me little for the few sales I do make on eBay these days. At the moment most of my sales are taking place on other platforms and venues. Due to all the restrictions and prohibitions there are a LOT of things I cannot list on eBay. I also quit selling internationally while eBay sorts out the issues with the EIS program which seem to be getting worse day by day. 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

I lost my Top Rated Seller awhile ago due to not selling 100 items in 12 months. 

@dbfolks166mt 

Me, too... last Spring. Today, I'm standing at 86, and my total sales are $39 below the $1K. Oh, well...

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I've had TRS status off and on over the last couple of decades. My experience is that it doesn't make that much of a difference regarding success of views and sales... just a little break on fees and a small benefit on return refunds... not worth it for me to get my socks in a wad because I occasionally don't have it.

I really don't care about TRS in the great scheme of things, as my bottom line is not affected to the point of worrying about the "status". My chest does not get puffed up when I do have the status. It's like getting a gold star in grade school... meaningful for just a day or two.

I don't think that many buyers care about it that much either... Some seem to buy just as often without even looking at the listing details - just the pictures and the title.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

It's kind of hard to get sales when ebay's algorithms knock you down in the bottom of the pool if you don't list a thousand dollar item for a dollar or their suggested price. Ebay really has to stop acting like they are experts on every single thing people sell.  I just got 2 of these notices and I am not in the habit of giving things away. I do list things for a dollar in the hopes that it's a starting point. Not the final price, but for some reason if I offer something for a dollar, that is generally all it sells for. By the time ebay takes their fees and I get charged extra fees for other peoples taxes being added to my income, once all is done and said, I'm actually in the hole with a negative cash loss.  It's no wonder sellers are jumping ship and selling on FB. More profits and less ebay **bleep** to contend with. 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

How about we evaluate Ebay on how poorly the website works? 😆

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

I find myself in the same spot you are . Got the same message today. I really think ebay had gone to fare . My sales are down , and that's the only reason I got the WARNING , or should I call it a treat ? Ones I get my inheritance I will stop selling on ebay for good. No matter what you do it's not good enough for the powers that be .

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I stopped selling internationally years ago, and regardless of how many times ebay signs my up for it without my knowledge I will never do it . 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply