cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated Plus YELLOW BADGE is BACK!

Ok, I know it's been said before here that not many buyers (or sellers) really care about the yellow badge but I liked it.  Looks much nicer than those few blue lines that said Top Rated Plus.

Thanks eBay.  

eBay TOP RATED PLUS YELLOW BADGE BACK 6.17.18 004.JPG

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Top Rated Plus YELLOW BADGE is BACK!

I'm glad you are happy, rainbow!

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Out of all the things I want ebay to fix, correct or change........a superficial meaningless atta boy gold star is at the bottom of my list.

Wouldn't you rather have some consistant seller protection policies?  That prettier badge will not give them to you.

(*Bleep*)
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

@retrose1 wrote:

Out of all the things I want ebay to fix, correct or change........a superficial meaningless atta boy gold star is at the bottom of my list.

Wouldn't you rather have some consistant seller protection policies?  That prettier badge will not give them to you.

I think seller protection is extremely important.  For myself, however, I have never had a SNAD,  never had a RETURN, I have never had a problem in all the years I have been selling here with any of my wonderful customers - thank goodness.   Not yet, at least.   But I do keep my fingers crossed each time someone new buys something from me, especially now that I am offering 60-day Free Returns. 

I have a lot of regular customers.    I like seeing that yellow badge.   It's something I feel I earned.   It LOOKS nice.  It stands out. 

When I buy from someone I always look for that yellow badge (as well as check their feedback).   

I also feel a little more comfortable buying from someone who has the yellow badge because (I believe) that says something about the service they provide to their customers.    Not that sellers who do not have that badge provide less than stellar service - it's just a little added perk, IMO. 

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Rainbow, by your description, you are the epitome of what a TRS should be, and I applaud you as such!  Congratulations on your success.  

But many don't have accurate descriptions, don't inspect their items and see damage, or note it in their description, and tell you the item is fine when it isn't.  The item arrives SNAD.  They may think every buyer is a scammer and there is no such thing as a legitimate SNAD. 

They may fight every SNAD tooth and nail, with a string of abusive, hostile, accusatory, profanity laced messages, in an attempt to intimidate the buyer into abandoning the return.

Bad experiences can cause buyers to think it means nothing and possibly to actively avoid TRS sellers.  Sales are down.

I understand the flip side of the coin is the buyers who file false SNADS and abuse returns.  There is good and bad on both sides of the equation.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

When I buy from someone I always look for that yellow badge (as well as check their feedback).   

I also feel a little more comfortable buying from someone who has the yellow badge because (I believe) that says something about the service they provide to their customers.

A seller has to offer free returns now, correct, to get that little yellow badge?   Free returns doesn't indicate any superior level of service and I've seen yellow badged sellers with nasty feedback.

I've never had a badge and never will.  I assume my buyers looked at the 100% first.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

I also feel a little more comfortable buying from someone who has the yellow badge because (I believe) that says something about the service they provide to their customers.

A seller has to offer free returns now, correct, to get that little yellow badge?   Free returns doesn't indicate any superior level of service and I've seen yellow badged sellers with nasty feedback.

I've never had a badge and never will.  I assume my buyers looked at the 100% first.

As a buyer  I don't  about   the TRS+  logo   .   All I ask of a seller is that  they know  what they are doing  , respond to questions in a timely  manner  And  get the items shipped out   based on what their Handling time frame .  

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@carlmarxx wrote:

@sharingtheland wrote:

As a buyer  I don't  about   the TRS+  logo   .   All I ask of a seller is that  they know  what they are doing  , respond to questions in a timely  manner  And  get the items shipped out   based on what their Handling time frame .  

And that the item be as described.  Most important.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@carlmarxx wrote:

@sharingtheland wrote:

And that the item be as described.  Most important.

Yes I agree! 

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

I thought you might, @carlmarxx!Smiley Happy

Many buyers just want the item they ordered, in the condition specified, in a timely fashion.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

I am very happy for youSmiley Happy

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Rainbow, by your description, you are the epitome of what a TRS should be, and I applaud you as such!  Congratulations on your success.  

But many don't have accurate descriptions, don't inspect their items and see damage, or note it in their description, and tell you the item is fine when it isn't.  The item arrives SNAD.  They may think every buyer is a scammer and there is no such thing as a legitimate SNAD. 

They may fight every SNAD tooth and nail, with a string of abusive, hostile, accusatory, profanity laced messages, in an attempt to intimidate the buyer into abandoning the return.

Bad experiences can cause buyers to think it means nothing and possibly to actively avoid TRS sellers.  Sales are down.

I understand the flip side of the coin is the buyers who file false SNADS and abuse returns.  There is good and bad on both sides of the equation.

@castlemagicmemories, thank you.  I usually put up 12 photos to show the item I am selling from every view possible; front, side, back, long, short, etc.  I include measurements to the fraction, when possible.  I use a coin to show the size.  I used to use a nice red shiny apple when I listed figurines.  

I do my best because that is they way I would want to see a listing of something I want to purchase.  I want to know everything about it as if I were holding it in my hands.  

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

@sharingtheland, Yes, I do think a seller has to offer Free Returns to get the badge.   I like the appearance of the Yellow Badge so offering Free Returns - while I was and still am a little nervous about it - didn't really seem to bother me because I have never had a problem so far.   But when I see the Yellow Badge and then I check the seller' feedback, it usually shows they have done their due diligence in displaying their items properly, detailing all the info and getting great results from their buyers.   As I mentioned, just because a seller does not have the Yellow Badge, does not mean they aren't a great seller.  

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz wrote:

@castlemagicmemories, thank you.  I usually put up 12 photos to show the item I am selling from every view possible; front, side, back, long, short, etc.  I include measurements to the fraction, when possible.  I use a coin to show the size.  I used to use a nice red shiny apple when I listed figurines.  

I do my best because that is they way I would want to see a listing of something I want to purchase.  I want to know everything about it as if I were holding it in my hands.  

That is great, Rainbow, and so are you!  Sadly there are many who think a dark, blurry picture is just fine and a description that just repeats the title or says, see pictures, is sufficient; then they complain of no sales. 

Many don't bother to list measurements.  I used to very politely say, I am so sorry but I can't seem to find any measurements in your listing.  Could you please tell me what they are?  Thank you so much.

Now, IF I message, I just say "Measurements?  Thank you!, as that has definitely become old.  Many buyers hit the back button if all the info needed to make an informed buying decision is not in the listing, but many just don't understand that.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

@cody224 wrote:

I am very happy for youSmiley Happy

@cody224, thank you!  I am due to go in for a lung transplant evaluation so life is stressful at this time.  Any little bit of happiness, any smiles, any great feedback, any perfect transactions on sales and purchases, now with my Yellow Badge back, well ... this makes my day a little bit happier.   I love eBay.   

Message 15 of 20
latest reply