cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tongkat Ali listings taken down

eBay took down our tongkat Ali listings and no explanation, just a link to the FDA website where there’s no information on tongkat Ali, NON WHATSOEVER, we are just tired of this crap, we feel we’re being targeted, I hope we’re mistaken!!!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Tongkat Ali listings taken down

Did you make any claims for it?    I see that tongkat ali used in dietary supplement products requires notification with the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) within 30 days of marketing if a structure-function claim is made.

See: US Food and Drug Administration. Regulations on Statements Made for Dietary Supplements Concerning the Effect of the Product on the Structure or Function of the Body; Final Rule. Federal Register. 2000;65(4):1000-1050.

I saw a couple of FDA advisories about non-registered  tongkat ali supplements, too, including one this year.

But maybe I'm telling you what you already know.

=

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Supplements have to be approved.  If there's no info on the FDA site it's not approved.  

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

No, no claims at all, the FDA advisory was for a specific brand, and there are sellers that sold thousands with the same description and the listings are still up, Amazon, Walmart, Vitamin shop and others are fine with it it seems 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

FDA doesn’t approve dietary supplements.

Unlike new drugs, dietary supplements are not reviewed and approved by FDA based on their safety and effectiveness. Unless an exception applies, dietary supplements that contain a new dietary ingredient (a dietary ingredient not marketed in the United States before Oct. 15, 1994) require a notification to FDA at least 75 days before marketing

Message 5 of 5
latest reply