cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today's Chat Managed Payments

Just finished reading today's managed payments chat. Lots of good, specific questions and a lot of evasive, effusive spin from the blues.

I can't imagine not offering PayPal during the holiday season. Equally troubling is daily bank deposits that won't be credited for 2-4 business days.

Scary stuff, indeed.

Message 1 of 607
latest reply
606 REPLIES 606

You nailed it.  I would purchase where I can use paypal as I use it almost everyday. I even get my medicine with it. Ebay is the one who got me hooked on paypal and even gave me money to sign up when it first came out.  I feel sorry for them. They need to put Meg on the pay roll and get some experti advice.  When my grandchildren talk bad about ebay tells me gossip is too strong about what is happening and they need to look back at basics.

Message 601 of 607
latest reply

@thefidgettoybox11 wrote:
What a coincidence , they seem to overlook many things don't they? I had unfortunately opted in to MP, not realizing that PayPal was no longer going to be a payment option. I had asked several people several times prior to the conversion about this and confirmed it would be an option. In any case once it came down to switching over, paypal was actually not an option and so the real fun began. Sales declined right away and a whole abyss of problems arose. I contacted MP and told them I wanted out but they talked me into sticking it out for a bit to see what happens. Several days go by and problem after problem, waiting and waiting for payments to come through then having to move funds to paypal to pay bills etc was a nightmare. I spent every morning balancing the funds ebay said would be transferring, trying to maintain cash flow. Sales went up and down but never as good as they had been when PayPal was an option. I do have a PP working capital loan and not having transactions go through pay pal was a concern for me. When I mentioned this concern to the MP rep this did indeed happen to me...

As quoted in the article "We also asked eBay if it's true that eBay employees are advising sellers to get an eBay/Square loan to pay off their PayPal Working Capital loans; it has yet to respond to this afternoon's inquiry. eBay had raised eyebrows when it did its deal with Square rather than PayPal."

I did not realize that there were agreements ebay was to stick with paypal and I can see why they did have those agreements. I would have had to make further transfers back into my paypal account to then transfer payments to the working capital loan, forget all that. Paypal sent me an email noting no payments had been made through sales transactions in days. I am near paying this off and certainly do not need any trouble now. Being in MP put me in a precarious cash flow position. I had had the last straw today. The last phone call I made to eBay MP was last Thursday again asking to take me out of this program and once again being told they have a solution to my PP working capital whoa's, simply call Square and get a loan through them to pay the working capital loan off, they also told me that if I opt out now while there are still pending funds, I would not receive those funds. UM NO. Long story short, I wrote MP today and said enough is enough, no more excuses, I want out of MP and I want out yesterday. This time around they responded very quickly and switched me back within 30 mins of my email. Within 10 mins of the switch, I had 3 sales. Now I don't have to fuss with the mess MP was creating, time to clean up the mess. Thank goodness and PP working capital will be happy again

The lack of PP being available in the intial launch was not a secret.  Ebay announced it in an announcement, it was all over the threads, there was a webinar and I think even in an email to those sellers that were invited into the program.  I know that sometimes we don't read all that stuff, but when you are making an important business decision like entering into a different payment program, we owe it to ourselves to read everything that is available on the subject so we can make an informed decision.

I don't know who you talked to that assured you that PP would be offered.  It wasn't Ebay as they repeatedly said it would not be.

I don't know anything about Ebay/Square loans, so I can't really comment on that with any real knowledge of the program.

The last paragraph you wrote is very troubling.  Would you PLEASE bring that to the Weekly Chat tomorrow.  I think it is very important and it may help.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 602 of 607
latest reply

I gotta get outta here before this goes down. It’s crazy. That will send buyers and seller to other venues. There might be a mass exodus.
Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 603 of 607
latest reply

I am one that elected to try managed payments for two stores. It has been more than a week and eBay has been unable to verify the bank. The result has been that ebay has a weeks worth of funds ready for payout and can not seem to verify my bank. I still have to ship and my PayPal balance is now $0.00. PayPal is going to my bank for the funds that are sitting in eBay. Fortunately, I have a bit of a buffer saved but I can not absorb another week. Several phone calls and many multiple uploads of bank statements, drivers license, and voided checks, repeatedly asked for by eBay, yet still no verification. I was told via phone they would manually verify. Still nothing today. Oh, they are sweet enough to call each day and tell me they are working on it. In the meantime they hold everything. I do not understand why they simply did not do what is common practice and try to pass around a dollar for verification and leave the PayPal alone until there was a connection. For those that live and ship by their ebay income will be in great peril, if they have to wait more than a few days for their money. My advice is to wait until forced. Do not be enticed by a couple percent for early adoption. Do you think I will get anything for the stress and aggravation besides a few apologies? Forget it. Oh wait! A chance to win 10K! I could use that to ship 🙂

Message 604 of 607
latest reply

"The answer about partial refunds was really fun. You can't even partial refund for combined shipping unless the buyer files a SNAD! So when eBay's system won't cooperate in combining shipping, or when the shopping cart won't let a buyer request an invoice...."

That's just crazy and will stop a lot of my buying here dead in the water.
Message 605 of 607
latest reply

This is a year old thread.

Message 606 of 607
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an topic that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 607 of 607
latest reply