cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time away / what do potential buyer see if they make an offer?

First time using the time away feature.

I know that a banner appears at the top of my listing that says the seller is away... but will that same message appear if a buyer goes to place an offer?  Are they still able to use best offer?

Offers are only good for a short time period... if I am on time away, the offer will have expired long before I return.  

(I know I can't accept offers because then I have to ship w/in my handling time.)

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Time away / what do potential buyer see if they make an offer?

It is going to depend on how YOU set up your Time Away.  There are options.  Read them carefully.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/time-away?id=5137

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Can you remove best offers whilst your away? Problem solved. Then they won't be able to use that feature till your back and put best offer back on.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for replying.  I appreciate it.  I did read that whole section and it doesn't address my question, unfortunately. 

It's okay though, as I was just curious as to what happens if a buyer initiates an offer.   It didn't change the fact that I was going to use time away and still allow offers.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@jjddmwi wrote:

Thank you for replying.  I appreciate it.  I did read that whole section and it doesn't address my question, unfortunately. 

It's okay though, as I was just curious as to what happens if a buyer initiates an offer.   It didn't change the fact that I was going to use time away and still allow offers.  

I would disagree.  If you hide your listings, buyers won't be able to purchase using any method.  If you leave your items active and extend your handling time.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 5
latest reply