cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thursday night - can't print a packing slip & other weirdness

Arrrgghhh.  I realize it's Thursday.   Just an FYI, can't print a Packing Slip from the Manage Orders>Awaiting Shipment page.  The Packing Slip screen looks like it's changed, it now has a ton of options for the note you add.  I don't think that was there before & now the button says "Save & Print", I think it used to just say Print.  Another  unnecessary change & it doesn't work.  I tried choosing one of the new messages (then tried the old message), pressed the Save & Print & all I get is a blank screen. 

Plus other pages are coming up blank, lots of weirdness.  Guess I'll wait & see if it works tmw before I page an eBay rep 😐  Why can't things just work? 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Thursday night - can't print a packing slip & other weirdness

Great.  The label printing dialog isn't working either.  I bought the label but can't print.  Tried to fake it out & go to the Shipping Labels screen, but that uses the same dialog, which is not working.  Oh & the process changed too.  I hate Thursdays.   Especially since I already ordered my pickup for tmw 😥

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hopefully just those pesky gremlins that come out to play during site maintenance time......hopefully 😉

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

Hopefully just those pesky gremlins that come out to play during site maintenance time......hopefully 😉

🤞

I sure hope so, b/c I can't cancel the pickup, b/c that part of the USPS website has been buggy for about 3 weeks now & it won't show up to cancel.  Also, it no longer sends confirmations of your pickups in a timely manner.  I get 2 weeks worth suddenly all on 1 day.  So now, I have to handwrite the long confirmation number every night.  Well, at least it's not just eBay who's site is buggy constantly! 

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I feel you. Maybe something is going on with this Thursday... 🤔 

Today was the first day I could not switch back to the old listing format. I knew it was coming, so no biggie, I'm ready for this, right? Wrong. I have an old operating system and now with the new listing tool, when I go to create a draft, the whole page is blank. Nothing. 🙄

But Thursday didn't stop there. I received my first negative feedback for some men's underwear briefs, brand new, sealed, perfect condition in box and was told they were broken and old. Yep, broken briefs. 😐

I think it's time to call it a day and here's hoping Friday is much better for the both of us!  Thanks for all your comments and info on this board. I've learned a lot from you! Take care!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@shopposh45   Thank you for the kind words.  I'm not sure if you know, but Thursday is system update night at eBay & has been for years.   I'm sorry you've had a rough experience today & so sorry for your first NEG, first one always stings, esp if it's untrue, but neither that or you being in the new Listing experience has anything to do with the updates.  

Oh for gawd's sakes, I tried to look at your neg & I can't do that either right now.  IF you did in fact send NIP briefs that are photo'd as such in your listing, it is *possible*, no guarantees that you may be able to have it removed.  Be sure to report the buyer, then go here: 

https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp

follow the links to request FB removal & be short & factual.  Something like - maybe confused me with another seller?  The briefs I sold were brand new in pkg, as shown in my listing.  I have reported the buyer for FB abuse.    I'd like to see the actual FB left b/c there may be other things that can count for removal, but the system won't let me see it now.   

I have had great luck using that tool.  They don't get back to you, but if they're going to remove it, it usually happens quite quickly.  Good luck! 

ETA:  I just reread your post & saw that it says the Listing page is BLANK.  That is likely a Systems Update problem, as I'm getting blank pages on practically everything I try to do tonight.   

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you 

I just printed 2 sets of packing/order sheets?

On the shipping label - hit download vs print and you can and then print it off that way.  Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thanks @katzrul15 but that didn't work for me either.  However, DH just printed both in Opera.  So, it may be partially me.  I noticed that I had a new Chrome update today & didn't have time to install it (and frankly I almost never install updates immediately), but when DH printed them no problem in Opera, it got me thinking it may have to do PARTIALLY with that.  It's not the whole problem, b/c I've had the update notice all day & everything was working fine earlier.  

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

They used to just shut the site down for 2-3 hours every Thursday late at night and do all of the updates.  Maybe they should start doing that again. 😒

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I will definitely give that a try! Thanks for the advice!! Wish I could help you with your issue, but I don't have a clue on that one. Hope it works out for you soon. Have a good night!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply