cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is a GOOD thing!

Have you searched for an item since the changes went into effect?

I just did a search for kitchen towel set to see if my items were showing in search.  I'm Promoting them so I hoped to see them appear.

Search listing results now show next to the item price the word Seller: the sellers' ID, feedback score and a blue store icon if the seller has an eBay store.  I clicked the store icon on several other sellers items and it took me directly to their eBay store.

Don't know if this is brand new for all categories or just the updated ones but I perform eBay searches almost every day and never saw this before. 

This is a good thing!  Provides prospective buyers with seller info before they click on the listing.  (Not so good maybe for those with low FB percentages). 

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: This is a GOOD thing!

I did a search for Betsey Johnson Black Dress and Talbots Red Coat.

Those search results showed like you see in your own eBay store.  Three large photo listings in square boxes horizontally across the screen, includes all sellers of those items.  No individual seller info on them.  

Message 16 of 32
latest reply

I wish they would show the country the seller is registered in also.

Have a great day.
Message 17 of 32
latest reply

just 76? I have 2165 ACTIVE LISTINGS running right now? If that is true then that is yet another serious problem.

Message 18 of 32
latest reply

That's a good idea!

I often forget to scroll down the left side and choose US Only when looking to buy most items.  Although I do buy catnip from Canada  🙂

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

76 results in search for Marilyn Monroe greeting card which included all sellers. 

That is the only item in your inventory that I did a search for to see what search would show.

Message 20 of 32
latest reply

Why?

The important point is where the item will be shipped from.
Many US registered sellers are dropshipping products from China.

What would be useful is the country the Buyer is registered in, since we pay a premium on payments from other countries.

Although I do buy catnip from Canada  🙂

Yes. We do grow excellent catnip here. All the cool cats say so.

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

Oh no, search changed yet again!!

I just did another search for Kitchen Towel Set.

Results: the store icons had all been removed from the listings presented!! 

Now I see example: Price $8.95 Seller: b86fiero (42,211) 100% 

(No blue store icon. Doesn't even show Top Rated Plus badge).

I thought adding store icons to search results was a great improvement. An opportunity for buyers to check out a seller's store and maybe add additional items to their shopping cart and get a discount or redeem a coupon.  

Bummer!

What is anyone else seeing on generic item searches?

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

The Marilyn Monroe greeting card search still returns results with the blue store icon so immediate access to seller store from search.  

No having to click on the listing then click the see seller's other items link. 

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

sorry, I thought you meant clicked on see seller's other items and it only showed 76. that is a relief.

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

Neat. Only see it in Chrome though. Firefox and Dissenter (Brave), not the case. Although, the display format for Firefox is similar with Chrome minus the store/feedback info. So probably see that soon.

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

Search for Mercedes Door Lock

25,000+ results in All Categories

Search shows Price - Seller ID, FB received number in parenthesis, positive FB percentage, store icon.   Direct access to seller store from search results.

It appears auto parts searches have been updated to this format.  At least from what I am seeing.  Hopefully this will increase sales for those folks.  The opportunity to get eyes on all of your products through the Search store icon could be a game changer.  Who doesn't find more than one thing to buy when wandering around an auto parts store?

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

@b86fiero wrote:

That's a good idea!

I often forget to scroll down the left side and choose US Only when looking to buy most items.  Although I do buy catnip from Canada  🙂

That just shows items that are supposed to be located in the US, but you still get a lot of Chinese sellers.

Have a great day.
Message 27 of 32
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Why?

What would be useful is the country the Buyer is registered in, since we pay a premium on payments from other countries.

I'd like to know where the seller is located so it's would be easier to skip all the Chinese sellers without having to check each listings.

Have a great day.
Message 28 of 32
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Why?

I'd like to know where the seller is located so it's would be easier to skip all the Chinese sellers without having to check each listings.

Can always filter it from the side.

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

I noticed this too, as well as something else that I have been looking forward to for years, and that is the Repeat Customer notifications.

Both of these features are wonderful tools to add, about time Ebay did one tiny thing right!

To all Sellers that are worried:  Ebay has gone through changes since the beginning.  Some small, some huge, some do not affect many of us, some affect us all.  One thing remains true, NO ONE likes "change" to something that is already running well for them.  These changes are "out of our hands" as sellers.   My advice to you all is, stay calm, take a deep breath, relax and move forward, ADAPT & OVERCOME!

Take care my friends, Peace to you all

Message 30 of 32
latest reply