cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third day with zero activity or sales

Hello everyone.  

How is your February so far sales wise?   The last sale we had was on Sunday about 4 pm.  Since then no activity sales wise.  Our December was the worst December and worst month in 2018.  In January we picked up a bit though not the  usual January.  Sales were down about 35-40% from last year.  No sale on the 31st.  Then we had couple of good days but starting third day with no sales so far.

I know e-bay is having other issues such as not being able to leave feedback, etc.  Our listings has gone missing and we did get couple of feedback this morning.  Hopefully, there will be sales today.  I work for an older gentleman seller and this is his livelihood.  I keep telling we need to invest in something else since e-bay sales keep going down like this.  Please let me know if you are experiencing a lull in sales.  We sell snowboard ski gear so usually our January and February are full of sales for those items but not this year.  

Good luck to everyone and best wishes for the new year.  Cheers.

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Third day with zero activity or sales

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had an epic January, multiple sales daily. I have had a total of TWO sales for the entire month of February?!? I'm not sure what's going on. I sell vintage paper dolls.
Message 31 of 41
latest reply

Ever since the hub came out our sales dropped.   EBay customers and sellers are going to other places to shop and sell because they have lost the trust of a safe and fair place of doing business.  All the new policy changes benefit the buyer and they are taking full advantage of it – especially international sales. We hate the new hub - it's very difficult to use and hard to do things easily. The sellers performance restrictions have hampered sellers the ability to get expected rewards and discounts, listings are disappearing  for no apparent  reason,  eBay support  is worse than ever,  communication between PayPal  / UPS  and eBay is getting worse, changes in policy and benefit are killing us every area. It's hard enough selling in a rough economy,  internet competition,  confusing hub, dealing with scammers and not able to do anything about it. Apparently it’s all about the buck and the sellers are paying for it. BRING BACK THE FEEDBACK FOR SELLERS – A TOOL WE NEED TO KEEP THINGS RIGHT Make eBay a safer place to shop again and start rewarding the sellers that attract the buyer’s money.  And stop making program enhancements  you think are making things better.  IT’S NOT !

Message 32 of 41
latest reply

@nrs1 wrote:

Ever since the hub came out our sales dropped.   EBay customers and sellers are going to other places to shop and sell because they have lost the trust of a safe and fair place of doing business.  All the new policy changes benefit the buyer and they are taking full advantage of it – especially international sales. We hate the new hub - it's very difficult to use and hard to do things easily. The sellers performance restrictions have hampered sellers the ability to get expected rewards and discounts, listings are disappearing  for no apparent  reason,  eBay support  is worse than ever,  communication between PayPal  / UPS  and eBay is getting worse, changes in policy and benefit are killing us every area. It's hard enough selling in a rough economy,  internet competition,  confusing hub, dealing with scammers and not able to do anything about it. Apparently it’s all about the buck and the sellers are paying for it. BRING BACK THE FEEDBACK FOR SELLERS – A TOOL WE NEED TO KEEP THINGS RIGHT Make eBay a safer place to shop again and start rewarding the sellers that attract the buyer’s money.  And stop making program enhancements  you think are making things better.  IT’S NOT !

I've seen comments before blaming the Seller Hub for the downturn of sales.

How does the Seller hub affect my buyers and how would they even know it (Seller hub) exists?   The EBAY selling place for buyers is a totally different dimension than for buyers.

As a 19 year seller on ebay,   I'm of the opinion that EBAY members that are strictly buyers are unaware of,   and wouldn't care anyway if they DID know about seller hub and any issues that sellers are having on EBAY.

Message 33 of 41
latest reply

I HAVE NOT HAD A SALE IN OVER 3 WEEKS. WHEN I CALL EBAY THEY ALL SAY I HAVE BEAUTIFUL JEWELRY ON MY SITE. THERE ARE NOT EVEN ANY MESSAGES FROM ANYONE. I HAVE SALES HAVE PROMOTIONS AND JUST DID OFFERS ON MY SITE, BUT NOTHING CHANGES. I REALLY AM AT MY WITS END. I COULD NOT EVEN PAY MY PAYPAL BILL THIS MONTH. I DO NOT THINK ANYBODY CAN SEE MT STORE. I KNOW I CAN, BUT CAN ANYONE ELSE?Smiley Sad

Message 34 of 41
latest reply

EBAY IS A GLITCH
Message 35 of 41
latest reply

I HAVE BEEN SELLING ON EBAY FOR 10 YEARS. I USED TO DO SO GOOD, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE NO ONE CAN SEE MY SITE. I HAVE HAD NO SALES FOR 2 WEEKS, AND NO MESSAGES. JUST NOTHING. I PUT ALL MY ITEMS ON PROMOTIONS AND BEST OFFER AND I HAVE SALES GOING ON. GUESS I WILL HALF TO FIND ANOTHER PLACE TO SELL FROM.
Message 36 of 41
latest reply

@vintagemelrose2009 wrote:

How is your February so far sales wise? 

feb.jpg

Message 37 of 41
latest reply

No sales here on Feb. 4th.  The 3 days before and after the 4th were about average.

Message 38 of 41
latest reply

@vintagemelrose2009 wrote:

Hello everyone.  

How is your February so far sales wise?   The last sale we had was on Sunday about 4 pm.  Since then no activity sales wise.  Our December was the worst December and worst month in 2018.  In January we picked up a bit though not the  usual January.  Sales were down about 35-40% from last year.  No sale on the 31st.  Then we had couple of good days but starting third day with no sales so far.

I know e-bay is having other issues such as not being able to leave feedback, etc.  Our listings has gone missing and we did get couple of feedback this morning.  Hopefully, there will be sales today.  I work for an older gentleman seller and this is his livelihood.  I keep telling we need to invest in something else since e-bay sales keep going down like this.  Please let me know if you are experiencing a lull in sales.  We sell snowboard ski gear so usually our January and February are full of sales for those items but not this year.  

Good luck to everyone and best wishes for the new year.  Cheers.

I had 5 sales yesterday but none today  but that's the way it generally goes for my store . I don't start to worry  until after  at least a week goes by  without a sale . Tulips 

Message 39 of 41
latest reply

Seriously, though.  We're all just waiting on promotions and coupons.  My cart's loaded!!!!

Message 40 of 41
latest reply

Up from last month but still down 35% from same time last year.  The long gaps between sales and lack of overseas sales seem to be the big difference I see.   I've never seen such weird sales patterns till the 2Q update in 2018. The feedback load is weird as well.  No feedback for a day then 30 loaded in a manner of hours.   Cassini/best match, the catalog and google problems, more competition from other sites popping up, endless postal increases, cheap Chinese **bleep** being shipped in for pennies and the huge glut of inventory are going to make it difficult to maintain sales.  I agree buyers now wait on more expensive items till the inevitable 15% coupon

Message 41 of 41
latest reply