cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

These days, what's the best communication method to get a CS representative?

Hello:

I posted a few days ago and mentioned that I might have experienced a case of feedback extortion. I wrote to Ebay, via Facebook, and it's been three days but no reply. In the past, I would get replies within 24 hours. Even though things were worked out with the problematic buyer, I still have an inaccurate negative feedback that is affecting my percentage and I would like for someone to take a look at my case.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: These days, what's the best communication method to get a CS representative?

Easiest way is this.

Go to the contact ebay page under help.  They open at 5am PST/8AM EST.  if you are able to put your que in during the first 15 minutes after they open you will be able to either chat with a person or speak with a person

Other times throughout the day, if you check their contact us page, it give you wait times for calls and chats.  Sometimes it is long sometimes it is surprisingly short.  But best bet is first thing when they open. 

This has worked for me 3 times in past 3 weeks.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Re: These days, what's the best communication method to get a CS representative?

That seems like it might get me to communicate faster. Do you know at what time they don't chat anymore?

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I had a feedback extortion case decided in my favor a week of two ago using the Twitter customer service account, @AskEbay. I did have to send two messages, but once we connected, it was fast and the cs rep was really helpful.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@gmscds 

I might be wrong, but I think if you reply to feedback, they won't remove it.

Have a great day.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Wonder if that's on a case by case kind of thing--i had replied to the negative feedback in my case, and cs did still remove the negative.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

the chat stops when so many people are in que but I think it closes at like 8 or 9pm PST.  They are basically open 18 hours a day for customer service. Not certain on the "closing time" but I am certain they open at 5am/8am.

Checking multiple times per day can see if you hit that sweet spot when not many are in que for chat services.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I don't know about that but I felt that silence could be interpreted as admission and I did not want that. Still, I have the messages that show this might have been extortion and that's what I'm hoping will get me some help.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@medschool2000 wrote:

Easiest way is this.

Go to the contact ebay page under help.  They open at 5am PST/8AM EST.  if you are able to put your que in during the first 15 minutes after they open you will be able to either chat with a person or speak with a person

Other times throughout the day, if you check their contact us page, it give you wait times for calls and chats.  Sometimes it is long sometimes it is surprisingly short.  But best bet is first thing when they open. 

This has worked for me 3 times in past 3 weeks.

I will also put in that depending on what you say is the reason for your call, will depend on what they tell you to do about it. In one issue (when I was having trouble with a would-be buyer), they were telling me to "contact the buyer" to solve the issue. But with a little digging, email, chat, and call back options appeared. They don't seem to know what you selected when you request a chat or callback, they will speak to you if they have you on the phone.

C.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Aside from Facebook, I also emailed them. I just want to get some information/confirmation to see if this can be fixed. I think I have strong evidence here and that's what I'm counting on but I need to reach someone soon, before buyers feel I'm not a reputable seller because of just one inaccurate negative.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I needed them twice duting the pandemic.

Each time i messged them via ebay.

Each time i got a replay back the next day. 

The Night Owls - Little River Band
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I had good results using eBay's Facebook page and email. Their FB response time is a bit quicker though.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

The feedback looks legit and there is nothing that Ebay will see that is against policy. Sorry but your feedback will have to stay.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Really? Have you had access to my personal messages? Have you seen the item to know whether it's a bootleg or not? Really, antagonizing, for the sake of it, makes no sense.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply