cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is no such thing as Throttling.

Let me dis-spell a falacy here at eBay.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THROTTLING AT EBAY.

Just because a seller for example goes from selling lets say 500 items a month..... month in and month out then goes to 8 sales a month - this is simply coincedence.

Just because seller after seller after seller makes similar claims does not indicate throttling this is just how the cookie crumbles.

Just because a seller goes 20 days with no sales then sells 10 items in one afternoon does not indicate throttling ..this is just by chance.

Just because a seller sells 7 items in one afternoon and they are all from lets say two west coast states...this does not indicate throttling its just one of those things.

You see there is no such thing as Throotling here at eBay.

Peace Out.

Message 1 of 220
latest reply
219 REPLIES 219

Re: There is no such thing as Throttling.

I currently sell mostly on a different auction site that is more appropriate for my current items.  I routinely sell 20-30 items every week, but this week have sold 0.

This eBay throttling must be reaching further than we think!

Message 211 of 220
latest reply

Some people need to learn to recognise sarcasm.

Just sayin'
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 212 of 220
latest reply

@namtrag1 wrote:

Let me dis-spell a falacy here at eBay.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THROTTLING AT EBAY.

Just because a seller for example goes from selling lets say 500 items a month..... month in and month out then goes to 8 sales a month - this is simply coincedence.

Just because seller after seller after seller makes similar claims does not indicate throttling this is just how the cookie crumbles.

Just because a seller goes 20 days with no sales then sells 10 items in one afternoon does not indicate throttling ..this is just by chance.

Just because a seller sells 7 items in one afternoon and they are all from lets say two west coast states...this does not indicate throttling its just one of those things.

You see there is no such thing as Throotling here at eBay.

Peace Out.

Is this one of those things where if you repeat it over enough, you think people will believe it? I think we have a President like that.

Message 213 of 220
latest reply

Love the sarc. wink

Message 214 of 220
latest reply

Um, the OP was being ironic.

Message 215 of 220
latest reply

Since you didnt read what i said, Each help desk person has a different count. say you have 1000 help desk operators---technicaly you could have up to 999,000 reports on the same problem--it would never get passed on.

i tested this on a couple of different problems--first guy had 815 calls on the problem--the second- a day later- had 538 calls- the third- a day later 612. and it resets to 0 each month.

now we have good till canceled which renders the newsletters useless--and only 30-40% of my listings show up in my store--nothing but improvements.

Message 216 of 220
latest reply

That it would seem is the most  important -issue- of all. since oct or so 2010 since ebay went public, i have only

had a response from technical service on a technical problem One Time--with the new best offer. No invoices were being sent- no congrats you have won item so and so, and contact with the buyer was blocked. so no one paid for the 139 items that sold during that period--becaaaause they didnt know they had won it.

Once i explained the issue-step by step--new best offer was canceled within hours.

oh but they kept all final value fees charged and i never got payment for the 139 items

as far as throttling--i guess thats been answered now with Good Till Canceled--if that isn't throttling, i dont know what is.

Message 217 of 220
latest reply

i've been dealing with this for some time now--since the ebay pages started reformatting(re-design).

i asked my fav whosale seller why they were only listing 30-40 items--his reply was we list 120 items every day

and there is never less than 1000 items in his store--platinum powerseller.

as a buyer i can only see 30-40 items total in his store .

That said-i look in -my store- and i see 648 items, however if i log on to my buying account and look in my own store i can see only 206 items total. An example being i have 97 sapphires listed i can only see 32 of them in the store. this has been -on and off- for nearly a year now--pretty much since the redesign of the web pages.

Message 218 of 220
latest reply

This thread is over a year old and I suspect things may have changed since then

Message 219 of 220
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/selling-db.

Thanks.

Message 220 of 220
latest reply