cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theft From EBay

EBay promotes selling on their platform, yet when a seller sells their items EBay steals the money! EBay sends a bogus money transfer letter with all pertinent information blacked out so the banks can NOT find the transfer! What are you hiding EBay?!! If you sent the money why not provide the required information?! Or reverse the transfer…NO why because you are THEFTS!!

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Theft From EBay

eBay is NOT stealing your money, if you received a "bogus money transfer letter with all pertinent information blacked out" it did not come from eBay!

Did you recently have a "buyer" who asked for your contact information?

Message 2 of 62
latest reply

Theft From EBay

Hopefully one of the Canadian sellers will pop in soon to try and answer your post. You might try asking on your home board, this is the USA board, we don't get money transfer letters it just goes to our checking account and we see a breakdown in our account information.  

Discussion Boards - The eBay Canada Community

Message 3 of 62
latest reply

Theft From EBay

Did you know about the new or infrequent seller holds on your funds? That is not theft. eBay is not a place to raise quick cash for pressing needs. See policy below.

But am not familiar with any money transfer letters from eBay. That is not how they do business. Never accept wire transfers from buyers. Have you shipped your goods before checking that the buyer has actually paid you?

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816

Message 4 of 62
latest reply

Theft From EBay

I don't like the sound of the ''bogus letter''

@sin-n-dex  Any insight to this?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 5 of 62
latest reply

Theft From EBay

@redmodelt 

In Canada we get our money deposited in our checking account at our bank the same as US sellers do. I think @sssupershopaholic has been a victim of a scammer and may be talking about an e-transfer done off ebay.

Message 6 of 62
latest reply

Theft From EBay

Hey Slipping, 

yes it was most definitely EBay! I am glad that you receive payouts in the USA directly to your bank account…NORMALLY WE DO TOO! What happens when one day you don’t get that payout that is SUPPOSED to go directly into your account?? Ask EBAy for verification, they send a trumped up transfer letter with your pertinent information so the bank can NOT trace the transfer…then they say “Tough Luck!” 

But Thank You for the suggestion I will post it in their forum…just thought it would be a great idea to let other sellers know how your moneys’ are handled! Cheers

Message 7 of 62
latest reply

Theft From EBay

I respect that you are upset and understandably so.  But don't get mad at the people responding to you, you choose to bring your question to the US site.  Getting upset with the info they are providing is so unnecessary.

I suggest you visit your Seller Hub, under the Payment Tab.  There is all the detail info on your MP account.  What you have described is not any procedure on the US site.  So again, don't get upset with us, we didn't create whatever issue you are having.

I'll phone a friend and see if they might be able to help you.

chapeau-noir

@chapeau-noir   Do you think you can help this OP?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 62
latest reply

Theft From EBay

Yes please any insite would be helpful. As I am at a loss of what to do now. My item is sold and my money is gone and the company I have trusted for over 15 years is basically saying “Oh Well!” ??

Message 9 of 62
latest reply

Theft From EBay

No not a scammer. I am the seller, EBay got my money and is now saying they transferred it without viable proof! Can not find something that does not exist! 

Message 10 of 62
latest reply

Theft From EBay

Thank you, I am not getting upset with the people responding. I would be thankful for any advise given…yes I purposely sent the message to the US side as I think the more this message can be sent around the more sellers can be informed of what can happen. I do not want it happening to you! Cheers

Message 11 of 62
latest reply

Theft From EBay

Thanks so very much, we do not get transfer letters either. The funds go directly into our accounts too. If EBay sends them! They did not as my bank can not find it and EBay refuses to give proper documentation so the bank can search for it. Thank you guys for all of your help! 

Message 12 of 62
latest reply

Theft From EBay

So long as the sale was not taken off eBay, then the funds should turn up in to your check account as usual - it is the ''transfer letter'' that sounds iffy to me, as said it may be from a scammer hoping you will contact them and provide details or info.

@msmaggie060 

Can you request a call back from eBay using the usual contact even if you are in Canada ?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 13 of 62
latest reply

Theft From EBay

How did you ask for verification? From a phone clerk? How did you get in touch with the phone clerk?

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

However, as other Canadian sellers have told you, eBay does not send letters (Like snail mail, how 1994).

We get our transfers on Tuesdays.

Do you have a Managed Payments account?

Is your chequing account with Tangerine? There have been problems with that bank which seem to be with the bank and not eBay.

As a returning seller, your payments will be Held for up to 30 days.

But you can use the Held payments to buy shipping labels.

We get up to 43% off the cost of shipping labels btw.

Do you have a Solutions for Small Business account? Formerly VentureOne and that number is still valid.

If you made a sale, got paid, but did not ship promptly because you thought your customer did not pay, you will never see that money. It will be returned to the unhappy buyer.

Any way see you on our homesite.

Message 14 of 62
latest reply

Theft From EBay

Hello, Thank you for the information! It is truly appreciated! Unfortunately I did speak to several agents on call and even 2 members of the management team. As I mentioned the story keeps changing. One minute they say that they can send me the documentation that I need and after several days of no response or no documentation on a call back I am told that they will not be sending any?!! 

One of the regular agents told me a time line (I don’t believe she was supposed to) …that timeline started with the money transfer being initiated at 3:05 am then the transfer had a problem and they had to try and resend it which they claim went through?! 

As for the letters that EBay does not send for a failed transaction are very real! I have 2 of them from a verified EBay email address (by the way I did not provide them with any personal information, they sent me the information to send to my bank to trace) but in the document they blacked out all relevant information so the bank can not trace. 

The buyer was very happy and I got a great review. There is no excuse for what they have done…but…

Thank you so very much for the information. Take care. 

Cheers

Message 15 of 62
latest reply