cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "indexing delay" is not real

Can anyone explain exactly what this "indexing delay" is? It appears that this is an excuse rather than what is actually happening on the back end. If I list an item from this account, items appear in search results within 7-10 minutes, always. 100% of the time. If I list the same exact item from my other account with the listing identical in every way, it does not appear for over 12 hours and at that point it's so far down in the results nobody sees it. So why do listings from this account show up immediately, but listings from the other account don't show for 12+ hours? If indexing actually took that long, the listings I post from this account would not show within minutes. What is the determining criteria here? Does it have to do with seller level? Rating? There seems to be no rhyme or reason for it.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: The "indexing delay" is not real

Reindexing has got a thing to do with the status of a seller.  Whether they are new or seasoned.  Whether they have 0 feedback of 20,000.  Whether you post in health and beauty or lawn care.  It is a site wide function that Ebay runs at certain times that are not made public.  

Listings that may get tagged by Vero will sometimes take a little more time to become searchable listings.  I know when I sold fragrances that Vero would review listings before they became live so to speak.  

Ebay says it can take UP TO 24 hours for the site to reindex.  It usually don't stake that long, but they don't want to say a shorter time and then it not happen.  This way they are covered.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: The "indexing delay" is not real

Like most are saying: my main account listings are available by search within 2-4 minutes.  My second account, which I started much later, 2017, used to take up to 24 hours to index.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply