cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The other day you all helped me with a no paying buyer

Today that buyer paid but in the my ebay side it states waiting for payment, then below it under the buyers info it states paid with paypal but nothing released till the 10th?  Back in the day it would be released right away so i could ship it out. He did pay for shipping so i thought i would ask ok what step did i miss. Forgive me for being a old ways noob. 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: The other day you all helped me with a no paying buyer

@mi_5229 wrote:
When i click on check paypal transaction it brings me to paypal but doesn't show me anything just a blank page and says error

NEVER EVER click on a link in an email to go to any site having to do with finances.  I don't care who it is from.  That is ALWAYS a very bad idea and will put you and your finances at risk.

ALWAYS open you own browser and go to PP on your own.  So do that.  Go and log into PP from a browser you open and see if you can find the transaction.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

in paypal its not there but i did get a email stating he initiated payment through paypal. And as per the link were it says look at paypal transaction that just comes up with a error
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

@mi_5229 wrote:
in paypal its not there but i did get a email stating he initiated payment through paypal. And as per the link were it says look at paypal transaction that just comes up with a error

OK.  If you see no transaction in your PP account, then it doesn't exist.  The email was not likely generated by PP.

So go open the UID.  Don't communicate with the buyer, just go and file the UID.  The only way the system will allow you to file the UID is if in fact it is not paid.  So get the ball rolling so you can protect your selling account.

If your buyer messages you again after you open the UID.  Please come back here first and tell us what they are saying BEFORE your respond or do anything else.  Let us help you to make the best you can out of a bad situation.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Sounds like the usual scam paypal email...change your passwords IMMEDIATELY in both PP and eBay!
Message 19 of 25
latest reply

I would love to share the screen shot of the initiated paypal payment from PayPal that I did get.
Message 20 of 25
latest reply

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Screenshot_20200321-190554_eBay.jpg

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@mi_5229 @mam98031 ,

My 2 cents is calling it a scam of some sort.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Look you are welcome to do whatever you think is best.  In multiple posts I've given you what I suggest.  If you have no desire to open the UID, that is your choice.  You will however know for sure if this is a valid payment if you do that as Ebay will NOT allow you to open a UID if there is a payment on the transaction.

I wish you all the best in whatever you decide to do.  BTW, be prepared your other postings will get removed as you posted too much information.  Buyer ID and email address among the info.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

thank you, and i was trying to block that info out, I was just not sure how to exsplain exactly what was going on. And yes i did open a UID
Message 25 of 25
latest reply