cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The other day you all helped me with a no paying buyer

Today that buyer paid but in the my ebay side it states waiting for payment, then below it under the buyers info it states paid with paypal but nothing released till the 10th?  Back in the day it would be released right away so i could ship it out. He did pay for shipping so i thought i would ask ok what step did i miss. Forgive me for being a old ways noob. 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Did he pay with an eCheck?  If so, it has to clear.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

It doesn't tell me what he paid with other than paypal and states money will be available april 10th.  So i won't be shipping this until i get the payment.  Cause my thought is this if i send it out and he gets notification he could cancel the payment and then im without product + no payment and he gets his money and the product 

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

That's indeed odd.  in any case, you are not obligated to ship until payment clears and it's within policy to hold off.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Thank you. 

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

this is what i am seeing on my end ?

+ Shipping (buyer paid $13.65)
Sold on: Mar 18Buyer:
Payment sent on Mar 20 via Paypal
Your funds will be available by: Apr 10* Learn more

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@mi_5229 

AS a new seller your funds are held for 21 days . Apr 10th looks like a 21 day "hold".

Exception. Funds are generally released 24 hr after tracking shows delivery.

Exception. higher value sales funds of new sellers may sometimes be held for a while even when tracking shows delivery.

If it says OK to ship you will get a seller defect if you do not ship within your stated handling time.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

@mi_5229 wrote:

It doesn't tell me what he paid with other than paypal and states money will be available april 10th. 

So i won't be shipping this until i get the payment. 

Cause my thought is this if i send it out and he gets notification he could cancel the payment  

Do not beleive anything you see on ebay, in eBay messages, or in your email.

If it is an e-check, you can wait until it clear. 

But if the payment is complete and simply being held by PayPal, you need to ship ASAP. 

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

OK that's just odd it didn't do that in the past but im talking 2008, But I guess i hope i have the funds to do so, i guess eBay changed. But it scares me due to they could cancel the payment I've seen that happen before when i shipped a product and they canceled the payment and they still got the product so thus the hesitation. 

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

and this also shows at the top so this is also where the confusion is coming from as well.
Buyer hasn't paid yet
We've reminded the buyer to pay, but you can also contact them directly.
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Did you open the UID?  If you did, it would have auto closed when they made payment UNLESS they gave you an echeck?  

If you didn't open the UID, then go to PP and click on their payment.  If it is an echeck, it will tell you that.  Also an echeck won't be eligible for seller protection until AFTER the payment clears.

1.JPG

If none of that applies, and if PP shows you that the payment is eligible for seller protection and was some other form of payment other than an Echeck.  Then it is likely on hold because you are a new seller. However the odd thing about that is that you said it doesn't show as paid in Ebay.  That is concerning.

Take a look and tell us what you see in PP, then lets go from there and see how to help you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 25
latest reply

As a new seller the payment is held by PayPal until it is delivered. They can hold the payment up to 21 days.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

when i check my paypal and there is nothing there. 

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

When i click on check paypal transaction it brings me to paypal but doesn't show me anything just a blank page and says error
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@mi_5229 wrote:

when i check my paypal and there is nothing there. 

No payment at all.  On hold or otherwise?  Nothing at all.

File the UID ASAP. 

If you have already filed it, did it auto close when you got the notification of payment?  If it did, the payment is in your PP account.  It may be on hold because you are a new seller, but the payment would be there, you just are not allowed to access the money yet.

Please answer the above questions so we can have more information in which to help guide you to a resolution.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 15 of 25
latest reply