cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The best reasons as a seller i was given why a payment can't be made.

1. My parents would not let me use their credit card.  not sure what the buyers age was?

2.  I only get paid once a month--funds are lacking at present---so please cancel the sale--at least he did say please-lol

3. I bid on the wrong item--so you wanted to bid on a pair of shoes and not a hotwheel-- ok no problem i understand these things happen--lol

the best of the best---i know i won your listing--am waiting to see if i win another listing from another seller at a cheaper price before i make payment--as i might not get your item after all-----------very reasonable request i think--lol

lots more--but always exciting to hear new excuses--lol

gave up selling--just buy now 🙂

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: The best reasons as a seller i was given why a payment can't be made.

Out of all the non paying buyers, none have ever given me a reason . . . just silence, even with my most recent sold items - silence 🙂

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Do you mean "best" or do you really mean "worst"?

As far as "best"....

1 - I made a mistake

2 - I can't afford it

3 - I changed my mind

As far as "worst"

Any bogus reason that isn't the truth, I'd rather have total silence than fiction.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@max39666

I have only had 2 non payers,

1 died in a plane crash before he could pay, it was a BO.

2 was on a phone and did not read the discription, but that was a cancel request, don't count.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Several years ago when the Anthrax in the mail scare was going on I had a few bidders say that they needed to cancel the orders because they were too afraid to touch any mail from strangers.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Edison
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

"My truck got stolen. "

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

They can't be any more ridiculous than the lies excuses sellers give for "why I can't send the item you paid for".

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

truth-- I am only 6 years old and did not know I really had to pay? new account opened that day! item was a breyer horse model. other was Can I cancel this order? I was teaching my son how to purchase items on ebay? I really did not want to purchase. How about the old I'm on a fixed income spiel? buyer wanted a lower price on a mid century ice bucket stating they are on a fixed income and the $30 price including shipping was more than they could afford?? then when I check the buyers past purchases they have made over 100 in a 2 week span including gold and diamonds. makes ya want to pull your hair out!!

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

The best reason was not given here, but in my brick and mortar store. A lady was saying she couldn’t buy my $10.00 item cause she only had a $100.00 bill and didn’t want all the change. Her son came up then with a $45.00 item for her to buy. She pays with $20s and tens. Lol.        And who says money don’t just “show up”

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Yea i wouldn't want 90$ change in pennies either--lol

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@beautybylynn wrote:

The best reason was not given here, but in my brick and mortar store. A lady was saying she couldn’t buy my $10.00 item cause she only had a $100.00 bill and didn’t want all the change. Her son came up then with a $45.00 item for her to buy. She pays with $20s and tens. Lol.        And who says money don’t just “show up”

I've saw this one at yard sales many times it's usually used to get a $1 item for free they hope the person having the yard sale will just get frustrated and tell them to take it, I've only saw old men do it, it usually happens a similar way though the persons adult children or grandchildren sometimes they are adults as well sometimes with his great grandkids in tow will eventually appear wanting something on his dime he will reluctantly pull out his wad of 50 $1 bills and then you are like aha you liar.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

"My toddler son bought this accidentally and I do not want this"

"I bought this for my sister but she is not a size 20 can you cancel the order?"

Or my personal favorite....*radio silence*

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Morning,

Here is one of the few replies I had.

I am very ill and my second husband, a well known doctor, took all that I have and has left me impoverished.

I have talked to the bank manager about getting loan so I can pay you but he advised me to simply stop buying on ebay.

Mr C

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I've seen others report that their pet walked on the keyboard and made the purchase, which I've always considered dubious. But, it almost happened to me last week. It has been ages since my 17 year old cat could/would  jump even as high as my desk chair. I guess he was feeling his oats & was tired of my computer getting his attention. I stepped away long enough to refill my coffee, and came back to find the stinker sitting on my computer. It was (touch)screen up, in tablet mode while I considered a purchase. Why yes, I did spill coffee trying to snatch him up before he bought it for me. At least I would have paid for his mistake, though.  

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I vastly prefer people who ask me to cancel the sale to those who just ignore me and put my listing in limbo for a week.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply