cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax statements

When will ebay issue the tax statement for 2020?  This goes for pre and post Managed Payments?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Tax statements

Are you referring to the 1099 form?

• If you qualified to receive a 1099 from your sales processed by PayPal, you'll receive a 1099 from PayPal.
  • If you qualified to receive a 1099 from your sales processed through Managed Payments/eBay, you'll receive a 1099 from Managed Payments/eBay.
  • If you qualified to receive a 1099 from your sales processed by both, you'll receive a 1099 from both.
  • If you didn't qualify to receive a 1099 from either entity, you won't receive a 1099 from either.

Apologies if you're not referring to the 1099 . . .

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Tax statements

Most companies don't do tax reporting forms until Jan 31 or after.........so probably need to wait until then to start looking for them.....

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Tax statements

For sales made in 2020, but not settled in 2020 with the seller, due either to delay or refusal to settle with the seller (e.g., refusing to complete MP registration), are these sales reported on the 2020 Form 1099K?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whose accounts receivable is it anyway?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Tax statements

When will ebay/managed payments issue their 1099?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Tax statements

@cricket-n wrote:

When will ebay/managed payments issue their 1099?

They have until January 31st by law.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Tax statements

I just called ebay.  Was told we will receive the tax document by February 3rd.  Wonder why they don't tell seller?  I can't be the only person wanting to do their IRS taxes.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Tax statements

@cricket-n wrote:

I just called ebay.  Was told we will receive the tax document by February 3rd.  Wonder why they don't tell seller?  I can't be the only person wanting to do their IRS taxes.

As mentioned, that timing is standard law for 1099s , W-2s and the like.   So they probably don't see any need to state it.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply