cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target has stopped selling on eBay

Only question I have is what took them so long. Wonder what big boxes are going to follow suit. This place has become a scammer free for all with virtually no seller protection left.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2018/4/1523666477.html

~Why be a second rate version of someone else when you can be a first rate version of yourself~

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Target has stopped selling on eBay

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

@missjen831 wrote:

So will the loss of TRU and Target hurt eBay? That’s 2 big box stores gone. 

No.  There are more than enough sellers with enough items listed here to take their place.  Since TRU and Target don't buy stuff on Ebay, they won't be missed.

I can almost guarantee nobody comes to Ebay specifically to shop from a big box store.  They come to shop on Ebay. They bought from a seller who had what they wanted at the price they wanted to pay.  The seller is inconsequential in the eyes of those buyers.

Of course losing 2 retail giants is going to hurt them. It's simple math. I highly doubt more Chinese dollar-sellers is going to make up for the loss.  'More sellers' doesn't necessarily equate to more sales.

~Why be a second rate version of someone else when you can be a first rate version of yourself~

Message 31 of 36
latest reply

Hopefully goodwill will follow or be kicked off.

They flood the site and pay almost no fee's. it's a complete scam with what they pay in fee's claims on profit and whatnot.

I used to be family friends with the guy in charge of the Goodwill SF eBay...and they sold $400,000 a month, and pay only $400-600 a month in fee's!! So they get to flood the site and pay almost nothing!

How can they pay so little and get away with it? Claiming on profit? Pretty sure their employees get paid..I know him alone was making about 100k a year being incharge of 40+ employees in a warehouse that ONLY LISTS ON EBAY! At the time I was paying about $600-700 a month in fee's and a store making 400k a month was paying less fee's? THAT is some crazy big box double standard.

I'm sure many other big box stores are paying close to nothing as well compared to what they make.
Message 32 of 36
latest reply

Don't know why goodwill sells on here - they get better prices on their own auction site.

Maybe the fee breaks they get here are better than the ones GW corporate gives them?

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

@percgrabbe-0 wrote:

Why is because they had no ecommerce solution set up in 2012 and they were losing sales. Its 2018 now. That was 6 years ago. 

Yes, exactly. Things change.

They set up on eBay to get going while they are establishing their own sites, and pull their eBay site if it's no longer in their best interests to use it.

Message 35 of 36
latest reply

They conquered. Basically they left with a huge mailing list, and that is why they sold here. 

This ^^^^ 

Last Call (Neiman Marcus) (in)famously used ebay for amassing data, instead of having to buy it.  Not sure without looking it up but I think LC was among the first big guys to start selling here.

Why some people think the big box places pay the same fees as we do is beyond me.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 36 of 36
latest reply