cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk about a psychopath.

Buyer took 4 business days to pay for her pair of jeans that I extremely discounted for her. She ended up paying late Thursday night, and was about to ship them out within the hour after receiving this. 

I paid you five days ago and I suppose to receive the jeans in the mail tommrow and you still haven't mailed the jeans out yet I don't even won't the jeans anymore please refund me my money back before I contact eBay

Holding back realllyyy hard to not tell her to chill out. My handling time is 1 day, and today is the second business day. Amazing how much of a rush they are for their jeans after waiting 4 days to pay. 

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Talk about a psychopath.

But she said she didn't want them anymore.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

Buyer's have a different set of rules/etiquette to follow. It's okay for them to take their time and lag all they want. But sellers need teleportation devices to have items arrive seconds after submitting the payment button.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

So she paid Thursday night?  

Is there a reason you didn't ship Friday?

Were you trying to show her who's boss?

jeans that I extremely discounted for her

You know that your listings show you were having a 40% off sale, right?  You didn't make some big special consideration for this buyer. 

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

If your handling time is one day and she paid Thursday, shouldn't you have mailed them on Friday?  Although I think that her reaction is a little extreme, she probably thought that they would move through the postal system over the weekend and arrive on Tuesday.  Were you waiting until Monday to mail them because she took a long time to pay or??

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Why are you two beating up the OP when the OP is the one being abused by the buyer?

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 20 of 24
latest reply

@honestabe411 wrote:

Holding back realllyyy hard to not tell her to chill out. My handling time is 1 day, and today is the second business day. Amazing how much of a rush they are for their jeans after waiting 4 days to pay. 

Your buyer does not understand the difference between calendar days and business days, and miscounted the calendar days by 1. 

IMHO that is hardly the stuff that "pyschopaths" are made of. 

BTW, if the buyer paid late Thursday night, exactly how many days did the buyer take to pay? Are you sure you counted correctly?

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

Why are you two beating up the OP when the OP is the one being abused by the buyer?

you two?

I am not part of a tag team or matched pair.  If you want to ask me a question, ask me one that I can answer for myself I don't answer for someone else.

beating up the OP

You seem to have an odd idea about what constitutes beating someone up.   I asked the OP a question. The OP says he or she has 1 day handling time.   A sale paid for on a Thursday, needs to be shipped by midnight Friday to qualify as 1 day handling time. I asked why the OP did not ship on Friday.

The OP also claimed at the beginning to have  extremely discounted for her the jeans purchased.  Since the OP was having a sale and doesn't appear to have discounted this item especially for the buyer, it seemed to me that the claim was aimed at gaining additional sympathy, where none was either necessary or warranted.

OP is the one being abused by the buyer

The OP was contacted by the buyer on the 5th calendar day following payment, apparently as the buyer had seen no sign of the purchase being shipped.  The buyer seems to have a basis for complaint.  It's up to the OP to either give up and feel abused or try to salvage the transaction, at which point he can still elect to feel abused.

A reminder - the buyer did notify the seller of intent to pay on Thursday.  The seller could always have elected to open an unpaid item case and close the case unpaid before Thursday.  Since the OP didn't do this, apparently Thursday was okay until 5 days after when the buyer complained about non shipment.

Also - the buyer was able to open an INR case because the handling time was not met and the item was not delivered per even a revised estimate based on Payment date. (a date the buyer promised, the seller didn't object to, and a promise the buyer kept)

So please explain to me how the seller is being abused and how I'm beating up on the seller.  Thanks in advance.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

A reminder - the buyer did notify the seller of intent to pay on Thursday. The seller could always have elected to open an unpaid item case and close the case unpaid before Thursday. Since the OP didn't do this, apparently Thursday was okay until 5 days after when the buyer complained about non shipment.

@city*satins wrote:

@dtexley3 wrote:

you two?

I am not part of a tag team or matched pair.  If you want to ask me a question, ask me one that I can answer for myself I don't answer for someone else.

beating up the OP

You seem to have an odd idea about what constitutes beating someone up.   I asked the OP a question. The OP says he or she has 1 day handling time.   A sale paid for on a Thursday, needs to be shipped by midnight Friday to qualify as 1 day handling time. I asked why the OP did not ship on Friday.

The OP also claimed at the beginning to have  extremely discounted for her the jeans purchased.  Since the OP was having a sale and doesn't appear to have discounted this item especially for the buyer, it seemed to me that the claim was aimed at gaining additional sympathy, where none was either necessary or warranted.

OP is the one being abused by the buyer

The OP was contacted by the buyer on the 5th calendar day following payment, apparently as the buyer had seen no sign of the purchase being shipped.  The buyer seems to have a basis for complaint.  It's up to the OP to either give up and feel abused or try to salvage the transaction, at which point he can still elect to feel abused.

A reminder - the buyer did notify the seller of intent to pay on Thursday.  The seller could always have elected to open an unpaid item case and close the case unpaid before Thursday.  Since the OP didn't do this, apparently Thursday was okay until 5 days after when the buyer complained about non shipment.

Also - the buyer was able to open an INR case because the handling time was not met and the item was not delivered per even a revised estimate based on Payment date. (a date the buyer promised, the seller didn't object to, and a promise the buyer kept)

So please explain to me how the seller is being abused and how I'm beating up on the seller.  Thanks in advance.

The buyer bought on Saturday night.  There is no way that the OP could have closed an unpaid item case by Thursday.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

You're right.  Part 2 would have required 4 days.  I was thinking 2 days/2 days but it's 2 days/4 days.

But Part 1 never happened, unless the OP opened a case and didn't tell us.

Thanks for correcting me.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply