cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk about a psychopath.

Buyer took 4 business days to pay for her pair of jeans that I extremely discounted for her. She ended up paying late Thursday night, and was about to ship them out within the hour after receiving this. 

I paid you five days ago and I suppose to receive the jeans in the mail tommrow and you still haven't mailed the jeans out yet I don't even won't the jeans anymore please refund me my money back before I contact eBay

Holding back realllyyy hard to not tell her to chill out. My handling time is 1 day, and today is the second business day. Amazing how much of a rush they are for their jeans after waiting 4 days to pay. 

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Talk about a psychopath.

@honestabe411 wrote:

Buyer took 4 business days to pay for her pair of jeans that I extremely discounted for her. She ended up paying late Thursday night, and was about to ship them out within the hour after receiving this. 

I paid you five days ago and I suppose to receive the jeans in the mail tommrow and you still haven't mailed the jeans out yet I don't even won't the jeans anymore please refund me my money back before I contact eBay

Holding back realllyyy hard to not tell her to chill out. My handling time is 1 day, and today is the second business day. Amazing how much of a rush they are for their jeans after waiting 4 days to pay. 

Takes all kinds doesn't it.  The buyer probably paid via e-Check not knowing (or caring) that an e-Check is not immediate payment.

I would cancel - Buyer Requested, report the buyer and add them to the BBL.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

That's odd. Did she pay by e-check? Or some other "glitch" as ebay calls their mess-ups that caused you to not see payment until now? 

Or, is the buyer falsifying when they paid because they want out of the transaction and paid in order to avoid the penalty of another unpaid item? 

Either way, I would cancel with buyer request and block her. 

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Ha! I typed faster this time Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

@honestabe411 wrote:

Wow!  Hope you put her on your BBL.

There have always been some interesting buyers stories here and they just keep getting worse!

Seller since 09/20/01 ~~ this is my posting ID.
Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Yes you did. I'll beat ya another time. 😛 

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

She didn’t pay with echeck. She bought the item Saturday night and messaged me on Monday saying that she would pay Thursday night..lol. And it’s only the 2nd business day and she’s having a heart attack. I would love to cancel but I feel I might have a negative coming my way for shipping within 2 business days and not 1. Can she leave a negative for that while asking me to cancel? That’s what I’m worried about.
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

@honestabe411 wrote:

She's apparently counting all of Thursday as Day 1 despite not actually paying you until late in the evening. 

Nevertheless, cancel as Buyer Requested and move on. Trying to explain "business days" to a psychopath is not going to end well, so don't even try. Chances are that she never saw or read any reference to business days or handling time; her sole expectation would have been that you mailed it last Friday because she paid last Thursday.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

@honestabe411 wrote:
She didn’t pay with echeck. She bought the item Saturday night and messaged me on Monday saying that she would pay Thursday night..lol. And it’s only the 2nd business day and she’s having a heart attack. I would love to cancel but I feel I might have a negative coming my way for shipping within 2 business days and not 1. Can she leave a negative for that while asking me to cancel? That’s what I’m worried about.

Ah, ok.  I'd still go with my gut and cancel.  If they buyer left bad feedback a simple response of "Buyer took 4 days to pay, then wanted item by the next day" would completely defuse the neg.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

If she's allowed to leave a neg hopefully she will mention the handling time that was NOT promised in the listing and it will be an easy removal. 

I think it may be working against you to "heavily discount" anything. Seems to bring problem children out of the woodwork. 

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Ok. eBay said if a buyer requests to cancel, then they can’t leave negative feedback. So I went to cancel within 20 minutes of her message, and BOOM! I can’t cancel because she opened a case. 

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

@honestabe411   Cancel using "Buyer requested as the Reason .. should prevent FB being left ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

@honestabe411 wrote:

Ok. eBay said if a buyer requests to cancel, then they can’t leave negative feedback. So I went to cancel within 20 minutes of her message, and BOOM! I can’t cancel because she opened a case. 

These are the buyers that need to be permanently eliminated from eBay.  If there is any legitimate way to report her, please do it.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

@honestabe411 wrote:

What kind of case did she open? She should not have been able to open a case without a valid reason, and this is one of the big ebay FAILS.  Opening a case before an item has even been shipped, what kind of valid case does that call for? None. 

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

I shall match you psycho for psycho: I had a buyer who didn't know that just putting things in the cart wasn't the same as "buying".  One still needs to, you know, PAY for stuff before we ship.  Threatened to open a dispute if it wasn't received that very day.  I said go ahead.  Two of the three items she "bought" sold to other people in the mean time.  Have fun with that.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply