cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRS no longer fits our operation

I think I'm going to quit even trying to keep my TRS rating.  The only current value in it for me is the additional shipping insurance and I can deal with that by slowing the whole process down and allowing my customers to choose what insurance they want to pay for before I invoice them.    So I think I'm going to 2 or 3 day shipping and cut my costs and headaches.  No more standing in line at the P.O. to assure items are in the system by the right time.  No more working till midnight packaging items to ship the next morning, and no more getting up tight about whenever it is that USPS might decide to make a delivery.  For me, I see way more upside to just dropping all the speed requirements.  Enough is enough and I know eBay could care less about someone that barely keeps a TRS alive.

I sell MOSTLY antiques and my repeat customers could care less when I ship or how fast they get their items.  They are more concerned with accuracy of description, condition of the items, and packaging that gets the  items to them in tact.  Most the emails from customers I get are concerning these three considerations and the number one concern is quality packaging.  Most of my customers have shopped a while trying to find what I'm selling and their number one concern is getting it to their collection without damage.

I've just enjoyed selling here for a long time and tried to always maintain the highest standards.  Change is necessary and perhaps desireble but I hope everyone understands that not every eBay customer wants their purchases yesterday.  Sometimes quality, service, and character are important to buyers if not to eBay.

Have a great day!  I'm not complaining just stating my view of things as they relate to us.

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: TRS no longer fits our operation

I only had TRS for a few months back when I was new but it just wasnt worth the effort to kill myself to get things in the mail the same day only for them to sit at a PO for days or weeks or for them to not get tracked AT ALL until they were delivered (and sometimes even then - on some I only found out when I got feedback)

Message 31 of 39
latest reply

As a seller who has worked and worked very diligently to gain and keep TRS, I find it actually amusing that since I had to slow down listings for a period that now because my sales numbers dropped I am in jepordy of losing TRS. In speaking to a rep?, I made the comment that in my category there are sellers with TRS and all the bells and whistles that have a very large amount of sales, yet that also have a very large amount of negatives, yet still TRS status. If you sell 50k items and receive 2000 negative feedback in no way, shape or form should you have TRS, made the comment to the rep? and low

and behold nothing on the cheat sheet to answer with. Just amazing to see items not received, not as described, no response to questions and on and on. I now 

realize and I should

have a long time ago that a small seller who does it right is just nothing to eBay and they could be less concerned about you and cater to its big large sellers who do not even have a care about its customers and show it. Go eBay Go

Message 32 of 39
latest reply

In my opinion you are doing the right thing. To save $1 per $100 is a lot of work.

Message 33 of 39
latest reply

This thread has been dormant since March.

Message 34 of 39
latest reply

I think I'm realizing this, too. I get my buyers for the items I sell, not the actual scan time or received time, since my feedback nearly always reflects "fast/quick shipping." It's too much of a headache for a measly 10% that winds up being about 6% after all the metrics & shenanigans they pull to reduce the actual benefit. I am even thinking that after selling here since 1998, it may be time to move on altogether. I don't think they can compete effectively with other sites & I am pretty sure the new saturation of CHINA sellers is the direction eBay wants to go, so it's no longer about the independent, small used goods seller. 

Message 35 of 39
latest reply

Exactly! It's so frustrating having to call monthly to argue with an eBay call center in the Philippines. It's not like they are really giving us anything. 10% winds up being about 7% after FVF, shipping, & store fees. So maybe it's time to let it go and give myself less headaches. Nothing about their system is fair to sellers anymore. 

Message 36 of 39
latest reply

You are saving 10% on fees. That's $10 for every $100. Nothing to sneeze at.
Message 37 of 39
latest reply

@seafordtradingco wrote:
You are saving 10% on fees. That's $10 for every $100. Nothing to sneeze at.

For the fees. That's $10 for every $1k in sales. Nothing to lose sleep over.

Message 38 of 39
latest reply

I don't think it will be long before TRS have to do guaranteed shipping, 60 day free returns and and same handling. Ebay thinks TRS have to be 100% committed to Ebay over everything else in life. I have heard all of the above from reps in CS. Ebay doesn't give rat's be____ if someone drops out.
Message 39 of 39
latest reply