cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer wants to return an item

customer notified me the magnet on the bag is placed so that it causes a pucker on the flap which I never noticed.  She said she had another bag exactly like it & in comparing them that's when she noticed or she said she might not have.  She also said she noticed the pucker in the picture but didn't ask about it because she thought it was the way it was hanging.  My descriptions always say "ask any questions before bidding - no returns" .  Who pays for retutn shipping? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@place-your-bid wrote:

customer notified me the magnet on the bag is placed so that it causes a pucker on the flap which I never noticed.  She said she had another bag exactly like it & in comparing them that's when she noticed or she said she might not have.  She also said she noticed the pucker in the picture but didn't ask about it because she thought it was the way it was hanging.  My descriptions always say "ask any questions before bidding - no returns" .  Who pays for retutn shipping? 

When she opens a case it all depends on the reason given.

Remorse - she pays

SNAD - you pay.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@place-your-bid wrote:

When she opens a case it all depends on the reason given.

Remorse - she pays

SNAD - you pay.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If they open a dispute for selling not as described you'll be paying the return shipping. You'll be tossing another $11.00 at a $14.00 dead horse. I'd just refund and abandon....

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

BEFORE she opens a case, reply:

"I'm sorry you did not like your purchase. Please return it for a full refund."

That encourages her, politely, to pay for the return herself.

If she demands a partial refund:

If she demands a Return Shipping Label, send it.

If she does not use the Label, you will not be charged for it.

If she does, refund on return.

It's business, not personal.

Not every transaction will go perfectly.

he said she had another bag exactly like it & in comparing them that's when she noticed

Keep that message, will all its headers.

Did she send it through eBay Messages?

Because you 'might' get the other 'identical' bag instead of the one you sent her.

If that happens, and most people are honest, so it really is an 'if', you may want to contact Customer Support.

But start with:

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

And I would not abandon it, I would offer to pay the return shipping and have her send it back, just in case she is lying to you (maybe she is, maybe not, no way to tell).  I'd do that whether she opens a case or not. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

A simple look at the sold listing shows the defect....

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Who pays for return shipping on a NO Returns sale, what kind of a question is this?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply