cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRS Doesn't Seem To BE THE RAGE THESE DAY'S

Challenging times these day's new trendy wave about face direction...lower selling benefits more hoops to jump and reach that yellow star of TRS.  Just searching around this morning and have noticed that many items ratio more NOT having TRS in their listings and store like BHFO not even showing anything to do with TRS...is this fading out and we don't know it yet?

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: TRS Doesn't Seem To BE THE RAGE THESE DAY'S

I pride myself on shipping purchases within 24 hr, take returns within 30 days. We were told if you do all the things ebay wants you to do you will get rewarded with higher placement in best match. Well, I cant find my listings most of the time. I am on page 20 if I am lucky and on page 1 are sellers with 100:s of negative FB, 0 FB and sellers that offer nothing that Ebay wants.  Well, I will continue to do what I been doing, but there is one day in H---L I will offer free returns.

Message 16 of 43
latest reply

@doubledz-a2z wrote:

I have been powerseller/TRS since they started those programs just by offering common sense customer service.  But once they made the announcement that TRS drops to 10% I revised all my listings (which are not very many anymore) and offer No Returns, buyers pay for shipping.  I am weaning myself off ebay altogether except for an occasional item that will sell here.  Flea markets for me are the way to go.     I have been here selling since 2/98.   The email yesterday telling sellers to get a boost in sales by offering to pay for return shipping and offering 60 day returns aint gonna happen with me.  Good luck to all the newbie sellers who buy from me at the swap meet to list on ebay.

Ditto. I've jumped through all the other hoops, and this is where I draw the line.  Nobody needs 60 days to decide whether they want to keep something or not...especially a used item like a Pyrex bowl.  Once they started their "pay to play" with promoted listings--which still aren't even fully rolled out for individual items for which we were promised a $30 quarterly to use for that purpose--and the "Deals and Savings" filter that can be used for search, TRS+ doesn't mean diddly-squat, financially or from a visibility perspective.

Anyone want to take bets that once they get sellers hooked with that $30 quarterly to use for promoted listings, how long it will be before that becomes $15?  They'll do just what they did with the TRS discount.

No more hoops. 

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 17 of 43
latest reply

@doubledz-a2z wrote:

I have been powerseller/TRS since they started those programs just by offering common sense customer service.  But once they made the announcement that TRS drops to 10% I revised all my listings (which are not very many anymore) and offer No Returns, buyers pay for shipping.  I am weaning myself off ebay altogether except for an occasional item that will sell here.  Flea markets for me are the way to go.     I have been here selling since 2/98.   The email yesterday telling sellers to get a boost in sales by offering to pay for return shipping and offering 60 day returns aint gonna happen with me.  Good luck to all the newbie sellers who buy from me at the swap meet to list on ebay.

Might take some of your advice offering FREE SHIPPING and 60 days for returns will lock up pay pal with extra money for business as usual...little person is squeezed out for sure...flea markets never thought of that before...where do you find information?

Message 18 of 43
latest reply

@dazzlecity wrote:

Got this message -  Sellers to get a boost in sales by offering to pay for return shipping and offering 60 day returns.

Are they kidding? This just isn't going to happen for me either. Just exactly how much blood letting does ebay think we will tolerate? I'm still a TRS but really I'm pretty sure it's not exactly worth it anymore. I haven't had a great month which is expected in June but sales motivate sellers. The economy sucks - sales are slow everywhere but ebay thinking they can boost their bottom line as they sacrafice good sellers is stupid. I think their just testing the waters as usual - problem is as sellers continue to throw in the towel they get less and less of what they re striving for. I'll keep selling here (hopefully) but my hoop jumping days are over. I do sell on other venues but there is not the volume of buyers on other venues. Do we now have to decide wether to pay the light bill or make the car payment just to continue to sell here.

Here's a funny message I got from ebay yesterday. Their telling me my prices are too high. There were 6 items on their list for me to ammend. Problem? 3 are relisters already sold at my price. Computers don't know everything

Agreed yes you are right...I've been googling prices and 99 cents for auctions are not realistic...!

Message 19 of 43
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@pinkrose442 wrote:

Challenging times these day's new trendy wave about face direction...lower selling benefits more hoops to jump and reach that yellow star of TRS.  Just searching around this morning and have noticed that many items ratio more NOT having TRS in their listings and store like BHFO not even showing anything to do with TRS...is this fading out and we don't know it yet?

There are millions of sellers on eBay. There are good ones and bad ones, careful ones and careless ones, ones who pay attention and ones who don't. So IMHO making generalizations about what "we" know is pointless. Some know what is going on, and others don't. 

Luckythewinner is a needle in a hay stack with millions of sellers and now the big box stores you are so right...!

Message 20 of 43
latest reply

@timemachine777 wrote:

@pinkrose442 wrote:

It's just another one of eBay's weening tactics. When you want to get rid of something without a backlash, you raise the bar and make it so that it's not cost effective for people to want to participate in it. Then you can eventually end the program, by claiming that there wasn't enough demand for it to continue. Simple psychological tactic.

Wow do you know more than you are suggesting here...weening tactics, raising the bar to make it so that it's not cost effective for people to participate...?

Message 21 of 43
latest reply

@mistwomandancing wrote:

Exactly.  This is just how I do business.  They call it TRS-Plus and even give me a little fee break for it.  What do you know.  If it disappears tomorrow, I'll still be doing business the same way, regardless.

Business as usual...maybe?

Message 22 of 43
latest reply

@pinkrose442 wrote:

... store like BHFO not even showing anything to do with TRS...

Just commenting on this statement ... that seller is still a TRS, and all of their listings that I checked had the TR+ seal displayed.

Message 23 of 43
latest reply

@duncanvr wrote:
I'm not bothering with TRS on ebay usa anymore after years of being at the top they dropped me to above average, because I don't track 95% of orders, they spank you with late shipments on regular & tracked mail. Who on this Earth can control the speed of mail these days?? I'm moving all my listings to ebay UK now, 1500 free listings a month and a $700 cheaper monthly ebay bill, I worked hard to keep TRS on ebay USA but I am not going to pay per order $25 to track cheap orders from Australia just to keep the rating on .com. Ebay UK is much better and cheaper to use. Less dumb rules. Bye ebay usa. Ebay usa 20% was a good discount, 10% with extra work is not worth striving for. The sooner they stop this stupid tracking requirement on every order the better. Item sells $3 postage $25? Go figure.

Just thinking how do you know moving your items to UK will benefit...it's still ebay?

Message 24 of 43
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Just for info...........ordered some stuff from Home Depot......on the order confirmation shows I have 90 days to return anything in the order.........

So are you implying that the return policy will some day go to 90 days?  That would certainly put $ in lock down...

Message 25 of 43
latest reply

@bigoljim47 wrote:

I pride myself on shipping purchases within 24 hr, take returns within 30 days. We were told if you do all the things ebay wants you to do you will get rewarded with higher placement in best match. Well, I cant find my listings most of the time. I am on page 20 if I am lucky and on page 1 are sellers with 100:s of negative FB, 0 FB and sellers that offer nothing that Ebay wants.  Well, I will continue to do what I been doing, but there is one day in H---L I will offer free returns.

Interesting comments...never looked much to see what page my listings are on...altho my views this whole month have be 2 low end 33 high end..!  How do you know the page?  Page 20 sounds awefully buried...must be alot of people selling the same items.  Look's like just what eBay has been saying New Trendy Wave...must get a niche in order to survive...!

Message 26 of 43
latest reply

@llllady wrote:

@doubledz-a2z wrote:

Ditto. I've jumped through all the other hoops, and this is where I draw the line.  Nobody needs 60 days to decide whether they want to keep something or not...especially a used item like a Pyrex bowl.  Once they started their "pay to play" with promoted listings--which still aren't even fully rolled out for individual items for which we were promised a $30 quarterly to use for that purpose--and the "Deals and Savings" filter that can be used for search, TRS+ doesn't mean diddly-squat, financially or from a visibility perspective.

Anyone want to take bets that once they get sellers hooked with that $30 quarterly to use for promoted listings, how long it will be before that becomes $15?  They'll do just what they did with the TRS discount.

No more hoops. 

Are you predicting something here?

Message 27 of 43
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

@pinkrose442 wrote:

... store like BHFO not even showing anything to do with TRS...

Just commenting on this statement ... that seller is still a TRS, and all of their listings that I checked had the TR+ seal displayed.

Just commenting on this statement...I was referring only to the listings in my partial search at the time I started this partical thread...not all BHFO listings!!!!!!  Wanted to get feedback on just how many are affected with this new trendy wave and where is it all going!!!!!!!!!

Message 28 of 43
latest reply

eBay rose the bar so high that now I can just walk under it.

I'm done jumping, I'm getting too old for this, I want to retire someday. . .

Message 29 of 43
latest reply

@pinkrose442 wrote:
How do you know the page?  Page 20 sounds awefully buried...must be alot of people selling the same items.  Look's like just what eBay has been saying New Trendy Wave...must get a niche in order to survive...!

You put your finger on one of the problems that many sellers here have... choosing to sell in areas that are overcrowded, where there are pages of competing sellers, offering the same stuff.  Everyone wants top billing / high placement on page one, and simply not enough room for everyone and everything to be seen.  Few buyers shop the back pages.

Message 30 of 43
latest reply