cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRADING PHONES: I DIDN'T RECIEVE A PHONE THAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET IN TRADE!

A buyer and I agreed to trade our phones, an iphone 7 and a samsung Galaxy s8.

I sent my phone and gave him my tracking number but he is not replying and didn't ship his!

would calling his local PD help? 

Is there a way I can get him to pay or get my phone back?

HELP!

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: TRADING PHONES: I DIDN'T RECIEVE A PHONE THAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET IN TRADE!

I gotta ask!

Just how did you manage to complete a trade of phones on eBay? 

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Re: TRADING PHONES: I DIDN'T RECIEVE A PHONE THAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET IN TRADE!

IMHO this is going to turn out to be an expensive lesson for you. 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

IMHO this is going to turn out to be an expensive lesson for you. 

Could not agree more!

I see OP sold a phone & I think I know what went down. 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@kennetle5 wrote:

A buyer and I agreed to trade our phones, an iphone 7 and a samsung Galaxy s8.

I sent my phone and gave him my tracking number but he is not replying and didn't ship his!

would calling his local PD help? 

Is there a way I can get him to pay or get my phone back?

HELP!

if your phone has been delivered, then call USPS and have the package intercepted and sent back to you.

if it has been delivered, hopefully the guy will do the right thing. save all your messages. thats an 800 phone, so i would go to the cops if it was delivered and he wont reply.

you can ask ebay for his contact info. then charge the guy

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@*help_no_brakes* wrote:

I gotta ask!

He asked me for my phone number because that's easier for each other to communicate.

Then we chatted on our phone messages...

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

"charge the guy" with what? 

Sounds like OP sent his phone without payment on the "promise" of a swap...idk as the OP has not provided more details? 

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@kennetle5 wrote:

@*help_no_brakes* wrote:

I gotta ask!

He asked me for my phone number because that's easier for each other to communicate.

Then we chatted on our phone messages...

Unless you can intercept the package you can kiss the phone goodbye.

Was this the phone that you sold? 

If so at the very least open an Unpaid Item Dispute in the Resolution Center & close it as unpaid after a further 96 hours of no payment.

You need to do this to recoup your fees.

I know I shouldn't ask but why would you send a valuable item to a complete stranger without payment? 

Perhaps you should also report it as stolen to your carrier.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

From your posting history, it appears something similar happened to you in December.  I'm not trying to be nasty, but you should not list any more things here on Ebay, especially Ipads and Iphones.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Ebay is not a trading site.

Have you been doing off ebay deals.

If so ebay will do nothing to help you.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@kennetle5

eBay is not set up for trade or swap.

You list a physical item, you get paid for the item via verifiable electronic means and you ship a physical item to the buyer (using tracking if even remotely possible).

All transactions should be handled through the eBay system. All messaging should be through eBay. All payments should be though eBay.

Once you step outside of the system, eBay cannot (and will not) help you. In fact, you may be censured by eBay for doing "off eBay" transactions for items listed on their site.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

@kennetle5

eBay is not set up for trade or swap.

You list a physical item, you get paid for the item via verifiable electronic means and you ship a physical item to the buyer (using tracking if even remotely possible).

All transactions should be handled through the eBay system. All messaging should be through eBay. All payments should be though eBay.

Once you step outside of the system, eBay cannot (and will not) help you. In fact, you may be censured by eBay for doing "off eBay" transactions for items listed on their site.

Would calling his local pd help?

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@ki_korners wrote:

Ebay is not a trading site.

Have you been doing off ebay deals.

If so ebay will do nothing to help you.

Will calling his local PD help?

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Will calling his local PD help?

Thank you.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Would calling his local pd help?

You won't know until you try.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 15 of 16
latest reply