cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOO MUCH CLUTTER ON THE LISTING PAGES, EBAY SENDING BUYERS AWAY FROM YOUR LISTING TO OTHER SELLERS.

Ebay has highjacked our listing pages. There is so much clutter it's hard to navigate between the advertising and the actual listing. We pay for our listing page, and Ebay should not promote other sellers on the pages we pay to list on.  At least, not to the extent where is takes over the page.  Even when an item sells, ebay immediately promotes a similar product, and guess what, it not from the same seller, as it should be.  GTC forced listings is a great idea for Ebay, forced re-listings mean more $$$ for ebay.  More fees for ebay, more work for sellers, if they want to control their listings, as they should be able to, and less visibility without items ending or being newly re-listed.  I've been with ebay for over 20 years and I have started to sell on other sites.  

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: TOO MUCH CLUTTER ON THE LISTING PAGES, EBAY SENDING BUYERS AWAY FROM YOUR LISTING TO OTHER SELLE

@estatecompany   If, among other things, you are talking about the band of OTHER SELLERS' ITEMS advertised and displayed right through the middle of our opened listing (more specifically like between the pictures and description window if memory serves) then I absolutely agree ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 16 of 46
latest reply

Re: TOO MUCH CLUTTER ON THE LISTING PAGES, EBAY SENDING BUYERS AWAY FROM YOUR LISTING TO OTHER SELLE

@estatecompany   Here's what I was referring too ... I had to zoom way out to get this so normally a Buyer would open the item, see the main pics but have to scroll down past two rows of other items before they see MY description and item specifics.  The 2 rows visually hides MY description and Item specifics, probably by design to make Buyers think there's nothing else beyond the picture and price section of my listing.

If they insist on doing this then stick those two rows of Other Sellers' items BELOW all of my stuff.  I agree, Sellers pay for their space, it should not be overrun with Other Sellers' items.

Screenshot (1601).png

Regards,
Message 17 of 46
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:

That's your opinion and your habits - it doesn't reflect all buyers.

I buy lots of items on Ebay and search daily.  I hardly even noticed those other ads. I look at the person' listing and if I don't like all the rules they like to waste space on I hit the back button to search the next seller's items. Rarely do I ever go to one on the bottom of the original listing. You're right, it does not reflect all buyer but I would guess most do not use those other ads either.

Again - that's you - I'm not getting into a back and forth. If you would read any other forums and/or buying groups discussion boards - you would see the complaints of a poor search engine here and the fact that people don't like all these ads when they are trying to view a specific listing. Broaden your horizons - see what's being said out on the net and on the social media platforms. Buyers have complained about this in surveys - but Ebay feels they know best.

Message 18 of 46
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

If you want to see real clutter just go to Amazon!

I would definitely agree with that ... I absolutely hate trying to find anything on Amazon ...

Regards,
Message 19 of 46
latest reply

There use to be a way of not having this in your listings, but recently eBay took it away.  I seem to have been grandfathered in, at least for the moment.  This is what my listing looks like:   https://www.ebay.com/itm/202725460547  

eBay should give the option back to sellers who don't want to have all the "spam" in their listings.

Just my humble opinion.

Message 20 of 46
latest reply

@bryantapple 

Hi, Bryan. When you say "not having this in your listings" what do you mean? Do you mean the 2 rows of other seller ads? And when I call up your listing it has your pix thumbnails in a vertical pattern scrunched on the left of your main picture rather than the usual across the bottom. Plus I don't see any other seller ads...now I have been to the Tech Board about the vertical thumbs and it may only relate to me and no one has figured it out yet since other sellers are not seeing what I am seeing re: vertical column of thumbnails.

But not having the 2 rows of other seller items before your description? I have my preferences set to not see them. So did you change something in your preferences like I have (years ago) to not see on my listing the 2 rows of what some might call "competition." Most times those 2 rows are not related. Please let me know. Been scratching my head for a week about this picture thing...maybe I am some kind of guinea pig? 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 21 of 46
latest reply

@abfabvintage wrote:

@bryantapple 

I have my preferences set to not see them. So did you change something in your preferences like I have (years ago) to not see on my listing the 2 rows of what some might call "competition." Most times those 2 rows are not related. Please let me know. Been scratching my head for a week about this picture thing...maybe I am some kind of guinea pig? 

I did change my preferences a long time ago.  However, I believe eBay has taken away that option in the preferences.  It is a shame.  Sellers should have the option. 

As far as the vertical situation with the pictures, they don't show that way when I look at listings, mine or others.  Very odd indeed.

Message 22 of 46
latest reply

That listing has 2 rows of sponsored ads on my end.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 23 of 46
latest reply

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:
That listing has 2 rows of sponsored ads on my end.

could you post a screenshot of that please.  I really need to see that.  Thanks.  This is what I see.

Message 24 of 46
latest reply

F169886D-1D02-4EE4-8E01-A35C45DEBF7A.png

This is from an iPhone 

Message 25 of 46
latest reply

Log out and look at it.

Message 26 of 46
latest reply

@bryantapple 

The pix thing is more than odd. Been over to Tech for the past week...some days it has the vertical thumbnails, next day goes back to along the bottom as usual. Today in the vertical and same look on all seller listings I look at (and am signed in), yet a colleague of mine also checked mine and hers and she says she sees the horizontal view. Go figure...am going to now sign out and see if for some reason I have those 2 rows of my "non-competitors" lol sellers. Hang in there. Who knows what is going on. 

Message 27 of 46
latest reply

@loveyourimagination49 

Whoa...this seller is selling scarves, not face gear...this is more than scary...again, unrelated to what the seller is selling. JMO.

Message 28 of 46
latest reply

@loveyourimagination49 

Hey, I logged out of both ebay and the forums. Called up the OPs link...I see no rows of other seller ads. But...am not looking using a cell phone. Also looked at my listings signed out, don't see the 2 rows of other seller ads. Again, using my laptop, Chrome. 

Message 29 of 46
latest reply

@abfabvintage wrote:

@loveyourimagination49 

Hey, I logged out of both ebay and the forums. Called up the OPs link...I see no rows of other seller ads. But...am not looking using a cell phone. Also looked at my listings signed out, don't see the 2 rows of other seller ads. Again, using my laptop, Chrome. 

I haven't check on my phone or ipad, but I don't seem them when I'm on my laptop.  I signed out of my account and looked and still didn't see them.  

eBay should replace giving sellers a choice on this.  Just sayin'

Message 30 of 46
latest reply