cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THE NERVE OF EBAY

Ebay just sent me an email saying " Listings Not Moving, We've Got Ideas"... blah blah blah.  Cracks me up that the data they included in the message is obviously wrong....blah blah blah....please send us more money to promote your listings.

I've had 3 days of slow sales right in a row and then I get this message.  Coincidence?... I'm not so sure.  I'm really developing negative feeling about Ebay and feel like they are working against me most of the time.

Yeah I've got ideas too..... Ebay stinks, the platform doesn't work half the time, most of this week the Seller Hub has had a message that Ebay is having technical difficulties, and they are trying to extort more money from me to provide the service I am already paying for and not getting.

The nerve of Ebay....

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

THE NERVE OF EBAY

We know exactly what you are thinking!
Message 31 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

Don't give them ideas
Message 32 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

@flyingmvp wrote:

Just another bot mail, don't take it personally...

The 'bots just manage it - a 'somebody' created it.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 33 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

@webwanna wrote:

They really need a seller panel to review site changes before implementing them.  Maybe 10-20 sellers, various sizes, to review and vote on proposed site changes.  They might need a seller panel to review proposed marketing emails before sending them out too...  

Gee, I've never thought of ebay as a democracy.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 34 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

@escarchac wrote:
Don't give them ideas

Charge sellers an "entrance fee" for every time we need to sign in to our accounts. 🙂

Message 35 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

@escarchac wrote:
Don't give them ideas

Charge sellers an "entrance fee" for every time we need to sign in to our accounts. 🙂

careful, I set out mouselike tongue traps here that hide in plain white

...tongue trap … tongue trap … tongue trap … 

Message 36 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

My message also included a survey at the end. They actually asked for comments. I stopped laughing for a minute and filled it out, then went back to laughing.  It's sad to see them sinking to this level!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 37 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

@webwanna wrote:

Ebay just sent me an email saying " Listings Not Moving, We've Got Ideas"... blah blah blah.  Cracks me up that the data they included in the message is obviously wrong....blah blah blah....please send us more money to promote your listings.

I've had 3 days of slow sales right in a row and then I get this message.  Coincidence?... I'm not so sure.  I'm really developing negative feeling about Ebay and feel like they are working against me most of the time.

Yeah I've got ideas too..... Ebay stinks, the platform doesn't work half the time, most of this week the Seller Hub has had a message that Ebay is having technical difficulties, and they are trying to extort more money from me to provide the service I am already paying for and not getting.

The nerve of Ebay....

Quarterly earnings are down, best send out those automated e-mails for those not using the promoted listing feature or not above trending rate.

Message 38 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

@upgradedendmills wrote:

My message also included a survey at the end. They actually asked for comments. I stopped laughing for a minute and filled it out, then went back to laughing.  It's sad to see them sinking to this level!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your comment was forwarded to the shred bin in India.

Message 39 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

I can't say I appreciated the email any better than anyone else.  While my sales are slightly up, they are not where they should be for this time of year and that darn email only emphasized it to a point that made my heart drop.  I couldn't delete that email fast enough.  I most certainly did not want to look at it too closely.  

I just shook my head and headed for the bottle!!!!  wine_glass wine_glass wine_glass

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 40 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

@mam98031 wrote:

I can't say I appreciated the email any better than anyone else.  While my sales are slightly up, they are not where they should be for this time of year and that darn email only emphasized it to a point that made my heart drop.  I couldn't delete that email fast enough.  I most certainly did not want to look at it too closely.  

I just shook my head and headed for the bottle!!!!  wine_glass wine_glass wine_glass

I was thinking of maybe saving all the ebay messages and such that they address to me, off site; since they were addressed to me in personalized manner.  then years from now list them on ebay under memorabilia - digital communications personalized to maybe recoup some of the non-sales now.

Message 41 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

I hope they are still here.

Message 42 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

good morning Mr_Lincoln that touched a nerve about "radio" or "TV commercial ".

For quite a long time the only hint I got that there is an eBay Out There - was on my yahoo email. Ads do show up often and they're really enticing"BUY! BUY!". 

However they are for either an item of MINE or items I looked at while price-checking. Really eBay? There is no filter for that? Y'all used to show me random stuff, totally useless, but at least random never-seen-before stuff. Not any more, now it's "GOING FAST!" and "JUST FOR YOU!" showing a skirt I just listed. I know, I know eBay, it's surely just for me if it doesn't sell, right? 

Message 43 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

Webwanna, I'm not promoting ANY of mine either. 
I saw it right off as a gimmie/gimmie/gimmie. 

However, eBay promoted 4 of my listings for me, I left them "promoted" and watched them close without a sale. Pfffft! 

As a BUYER I hate them. Obviously lots of seller fell for it and I cannot Sort For Price anymore. There will be endless Sponsored listings inserted until I run out of time or patience. How is that helping the buyer?

Message 44 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

@flyingmvp wrote:

@webwanna wrote:

@7606dennis wrote:

Alas!  It appears that eBay always has ideas.  Unfortunately, they are often not very good ideas but they almost always are some scheme to make eBay more money regardless of how much it costs the seller.

They really need a seller panel to review site changes before implementing them.  Maybe 10-20 sellers, various sizes, to review and vote on proposed site changes.  They might need a seller panel to review proposed marketing emails before sending them out too...  

This community is a seller panel as it is,

Ebay already has a panel/group of solid experienced sellers with lots of knowledge and very detailed and factual insights, ideas, already  "working" for free. (yeah Zamo, you're one of them 🙂

The venue management should be thankful and appreciative to all those sellers who are openly sharing and updating with a true current picture, considering that much of the testing, updates and changes are being done live on the fly...

I'm not sure that this could really be considered an advisory panel to eBay.  It is more like just a group of people discussing things among themselves with no real hope of eBay paying any attention.  I would compare it to making political comments on Facebook, much said but not much accomplished by it.  Politicians and eBay upper management aren't likely to be influenced by what is said in either.  But it gives us a place to spout off.  

Alas!  You can't even find a soapbox sturdy enough to stand on today. Smiley Frustrated

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 45 of 56
latest reply