cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THE NERVE OF EBAY

Ebay just sent me an email saying " Listings Not Moving, We've Got Ideas"... blah blah blah.  Cracks me up that the data they included in the message is obviously wrong....blah blah blah....please send us more money to promote your listings.

I've had 3 days of slow sales right in a row and then I get this message.  Coincidence?... I'm not so sure.  I'm really developing negative feeling about Ebay and feel like they are working against me most of the time.

Yeah I've got ideas too..... Ebay stinks, the platform doesn't work half the time, most of this week the Seller Hub has had a message that Ebay is having technical difficulties, and they are trying to extort more money from me to provide the service I am already paying for and not getting.

The nerve of Ebay....

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

THE NERVE OF EBAY

@flyingmvp wrote:

Yeah, It does sucks, you're not alone, the holidays around the corner, your sales will get better, hang in there!

laughing 1.jpg

Just kidding, I too hope everyone's sales improve and sooner then the Holidays.  If the 57% decease in eBay's sales as a company are true they better be promoting the site more then they are.  I have heard I don't know how many radio commercials for Amazon Prime in the past couple of weeks ... haven't heard one for eBay and its still an acceptable and effective advertising method not too mention less costly then a TV commercial during Prime Time Viewing ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 16 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

I have not yet received the email. I must be doing too well with my whopping average of 0-1 sales per day since I opened my store!

Message 17 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

Alas!  It appears that eBay always has ideas.  Unfortunately, they are often not very good ideas but they almost always are some scheme to make eBay more money regardless of how much it costs the seller.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 18 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

I'd say its funny but its not,  1143 Active Fixed Price Listings With No Sales 60+ Days but I only had 950 listings active on Sunday, since I finally got a promo I listed a couple hundred this week. So I'd say their bots are a little bit off

Message 19 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

@7606dennis wrote:

Alas!  It appears that eBay always has ideas.  Unfortunately, they are often not very good ideas but they almost always are some scheme to make eBay more money regardless of how much it costs the seller.

They really need a seller panel to review site changes before implementing them.  Maybe 10-20 sellers, various sizes, to review and vote on proposed site changes.  They might need a seller panel to review proposed marketing emails before sending them out too...  

Message 20 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

I thought it was hilarious they were promoting a small seller on social media during the height of the clothing specifics crisis. I was like really? Really? Your social media people are really that stupid?
Message 21 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

Here is my reply

Their are some listed information that might help you.

When you list an item for sale on eBay, you'll generally be charged a listing or insertion fee,
even if your item doesn't sell. If you've posted eBay listings worth more than a dollar, expect to be charged in accordance with eBay's fee table.

When you add a new credit card for use on eBay, you'll see a dollar debit in your account.
This isn't a fee or a charge; it's just a way for eBay to verify that your card is both active and possess sufficient funds.
The dollar won't be removed from your account, just placed on hold for a day or two.

Be sure to review all bills or statements received via email by logging in directly to your eBay account.
Most phishing or spoof attempts will try to defraud you by asking you to pay a fake invoice, click on a link to make a payment, or claim that your payment information needs updating.

Should you receive any fraudulent attempts, let eBay know immediately, and don't engage with the scammer.

eBay Subscription Service For the casual seller, as of 2019, all eBay sellers are given their first 50 listings for free;
and once that threshold is eclipsed, they will pay a fee of a listing after that.

Best practice when you have received unexpected charges is to go directly to your eBay account.
Don't click on any links within your billing email just in case the email is a scam.
Log into your eBay account and carefully review all of your account activity listed.
If you do not see the unexpected charges about which you're concerned, any notice you received was likely a fake.

Furthermore, If you've never used eBay and there are eBay charges on your credit card or bank statement,
you may be the victim of ​identity theft. Dispute the charge with your financial institution and work with their fraud department from there.​​

Vijay

Javda

Message 22 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

@webwanna wrote:

@7606dennis wrote:

They really need a seller panel to review site changes before implementing them.  Maybe 10-20 sellers, various sizes, to review and vote on proposed site changes.  They might need a seller panel to review proposed marketing emails before sending them out too...  

This community is a seller panel as it is,

Ebay already has a panel/group of solid experienced sellers with lots of knowledge and very detailed and factual insights, ideas, already  "working" for free. (yeah Zamo, you're one of them 🙂

The venue management should be thankful and appreciative to all those sellers who are openly sharing and updating with a true current picture, considering that much of the testing, updates and changes are being done live on the fly...

Message 23 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

my question is … (and yes I disagree with the immoral concepts behind the message) …

how may of you that received the email are not forking over $$$ for the $promoted listings$ … or not $promoting$ them to what ebay considers they should be $promoted$ to?
Message 24 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

@albany_sellers wrote:

They might as well send a threatening email saying "not promoting your listings? Sure would be a shame if something happened to them"

Next thing you know, eBay's going to start selling "listing insurance." *nudge nudge.

Message 25 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

@albany_sellers wrote:

They might as well send a threatening email saying "not promoting your listings? Sure would be a shame if something happened to them"

Next thing you know, eBay's going to start selling "listing insurance." *nudge nudge.

… now you're scaring me, big 😮  (they don't need any more ideas to rake us over the coals!)

Message 26 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

@dasarock wrote:
how may of you that received the email are not forking over $$$ for the $promoted listings$ … or not $promoting$ them to what ebay considers they should be $promoted$ to?

I'm not promoting my listings. I think all the fees I already pay Ebay are more than enough for the service I receive.

Message 27 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

I am not forking over any dollars or cents for promoted listings, and I did not receive the email.    But then I have always ignored anything that eBay considers "best practices".  

Message 28 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

I received it too and thought HOW RUDE!

Message 29 of 56
latest reply

THE NERVE OF EBAY

Ebays so called professional monitors are a JOKE! They make decisions based on dishonest peoples complaints. Then they refuse to correct what they've done even though they are clearly wrong! Honest ebayer since 1999 and they basically shut down all my listing at once without so much as checking the listings. They are trash at best. Its sad that they can distort someone and not correct their (ebays) mistake. So sick, so sad. Totally sick over this...ebay of course refuses to help in any way.
Message 30 of 56
latest reply