cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THE GTC IS OUT AS OF MARCH 15TH WITH A SOLUTION MAYBE??

Here is my deal I am a small seller and, I have about a 300 fixed price inventory to sell at any time but only do 150 fixed price a month so I can keep my inventory fresh I list 100 paid items in 30 day fixed price, that costs $35.00 100x35 cents about the 18th of every month as my billing date is on the 15th of every month, then my 50 free about the 3rd of the month, I am in the process  today the 15th of cancelling those 100 paid ones as they only have a few days left any way as they are showing 3 days left so I won't get caught up in the GTC thing on them. That is my work around. What do you all think?? The only draw back it seems like you can only do 1 at a time. I just click the no longer for sale box, then click end and the listing goes right to the top of my unsold list to be put up again in a month or so....am I missing any thing. Will ebay punish me some how for doing that??....Thanks in advance for any input

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: THE GTC IS OUT AS OF MARCH 15TH WITH A SOLUTION MAYBE??

I would subscribe to a basic store which is less money than you are currently paying.

Click here to learn more about eBay store fees and features

Good Luck Selling!

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I`am thinking the same thing as you" only time will tell if it works or not? I have done it already with a couple of my listings but GTC has not taken effect with them yet.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Do not list items on a mobile device since GTC is the only duration option.  If you save the listing as a draft and finish them on a PC then you can choose 30 day duration without any re-occurring fees.  eBay caught me on this a few months back now I am more vigilant about this.  eBay is purposely doing this to collect more fees.

Another option is that there are usually 2 promotions per month with 200 free listings.  I check for these every few days to renew expiring listings.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Funny you should mention that" I have been doing it backwards by creating the listing on the pc as a draft and using my android to take pictures and load them from there to the draft.no issues so far.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@bri4jenn wrote:

Do not list items on a mobile device since GTC is the only duration option.  If you save the listing as a draft and finish them on a PC then you can choose 30 day duration without any re-occurring fees.  eBay caught me on this a few months back now I am more vigilant about this.  eBay is purposely doing this to collect more fees.

Another option is that there are usually 2 promotions per month with 200 free listings.  I check for these every few days to renew expiring listings.

They are removing the 30 day option completely and all you'll have is GTC.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Dang you need a Basic Store.  You are spending more money by doing it the way you are, without the benefit of a store.  You should take a look at the link below.  And keep in mind there are other benefits to having a store beyond the free listings you get.  The big one with a Basic store is that you get 250 free listings, but you also get LOWER FVFs, which can add up too.  So you really should seriously look at this.  Then ask any questions you may have.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/run-your-store/subscriptions-and-fees.html

As for ending listings in bulk, you can do that from the Seller Hub or from My Ebay.

Go to your active listing page.

There will be a box on the right side of your page you can check.  Check that box for all the listings you want to end.

Then in the box just above your list of active listings called ACTIONS.  Click the down arrow so you get the drop down menu, then select End.   Just follow the onscreen instructions from there.

With all that said, if you move to a Basic store, you may find that you no longer want to end listings early, or maybe not as many.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I understand the irritation. As noted by GoodLuck - if you don't do a 12 month subscription, do a basic store. In the long run, it's cheaper than paying for your listings like you're doing.

I would simply suggest giving the GTC a try. Apparently if you list near the EOM, the items will not double list in a month for along time. That is my plan next month. I will list my store max 250 items and call it a day and see how it goes. New items I would have listed on eBay for fresh inventory will go to other venues. When something sells on eBay I will list something new.

Try it, see how it works for 60 days. If it doesn't work for you, then try different techniques to try and get visibility and sales.

Cheers
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@bri4jenn wrote:

Thanks for the input on a moblie device, I  still have a flip phone, and I use my lap top at home to do my ebay work.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Just remember: That advice is only useful for two more days.  Starting some time on March 18, the options for the duration of fixed price listings will disappear, so  all new and relisted fixed price listings will be "Good until canceled" regardless of your hardware or software.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply