cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Fee not include in automatically generated invoices to buyers

The handling Fee put into the handling field on an eBay listing is not being included in the automatically generated invoices to buyers by eBay.  When I send a manual invoice, the handling fee is included automatically.  I called eBay and they said this was a system update and they are remove all handling fees.  The buyer has already paid without the handling fee.  I sent an invoice with the handling fee to the buyer but they have not responded after 48 hours.  Should I refund and then send a new invoice.  If I refund, are they required to pay the new invoice?  This is so frustrating.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If you charge extra for handling, why not just add it to the total price or to the shipping price? Do you even have to mention it as separate fee to the buyer? Is the handling fee so large that you need to list it separately? Is it a complex item that needs special intensive handling?

In this case, did the buyer pay what was shown to be owed? If so, maybe they feel extorted with a request for more money?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

When you use Calculated Shipping, there is a spot in the set up of the calculation program to allow for Handling Charges to be added to the cost of shipping.  It does NOT show to the buyer as a separate handling charge.  It just part of the total shipping cost shown on the listing.  No break down of any kind is visible to the buyer.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yes, I used calculated shipping and included the handling fee in the spot on the listing form so it is not transparent to the buyer.  However, ebay did not include it in the invoice.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You are saying when you manually send an invoice that the handling fee shows as a separate line item?   It's been eons since I've sent an invoice, but I don't recall ever seeing a handling fee amount shown to the buyer and I sure wouldn't want it to be.  It was always added to the shipping cost.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply